Waymark Sticker for Waymark Sticker Seekers being discontinued

It appears Groundspeak is discontinuing the Waymark Sticker that is used by the Waymarking Sticker Seekers category. Should we notify Groundspeak of this issue? If they don't care or have a solution, could we get permission from Groundspeak to create a PDF of the sticker for future members to the category?

I am an officer in the Waymark Sticker Seeker category, so I am concerned about the loss of the item to become a 'living Waymark'. This is a great category as it does allow Waymarkers to meet one another and share our Waymarking passion.

Take care,

Outspoken1

It appears Groundspeak is discontinuing the Waymark Sticker that is used by the Waymarking Sticker Seekers category. Should we notify Groundspeak of this issue? If they don't care or have a solution, could we get permission from Groundspeak to create a PDF of the sticker for future members to the category?

I am an officer in the Waymark Sticker Seeker category, so I am concerned about the loss of the item to become a 'living Waymark'. This is a great category as it does allow Waymarkers to meet one another and share our Waymarking passion.

Take care,

Outspoken1

If Groundspeak is discontinuing it, they must already know. :blink:

I think it would be fantastic if we could print our own to use for the Waymark Sticker Seeker category. Great idea!

Maybe we could replace the sticker with a tag like a travel bug -- but might be susceptible to the same discontinuance. I see the same issue with geocoins.

I like the PDF option -- and I have my sticker, and need to meet another WMer. None were at the flash mob we went to on 4 May, but we DID rep WMers with our sticker on the pic :).

Edited by Keystone

Take care,

Outspoken1

If Groundspeak is discontinuing it, they must already know. :blink:

I think it would be fantastic if we could print our own to use for the Waymark Sticker Seeker category. Great idea!

The sticker-discontinuance decision may have been made apart from the WM group at GS, so they very well may NOT know the sticker is being phased out. We don't know how silo-ized they might be at GS.

We as a community should probably reach out on this to the lackeys that usually help us and see if they can provide a solution (like an authorized PDF).

could we get permission from Groundspeak to create a PDF of the sticker for future members to the category?

And what's the problem to change the category discription and delete the sentence "Copies or facsimiles are not acceptable substitutes, only official Waymarking Stickers." ? Because I even cannot login to GC shop, with my country (CZ).

could we get permission from Groundspeak to create a PDF of the sticker for future members to the category?

And what's the problem to change the category discription and delete the sentence "Copies or facsimiles are not acceptable substitutes, only official Waymarking Stickers." ? Because I even cannot login to GC shop, with my country (CZ).

Really? I didn't realize this. Good reason to allow us to print our own WM stickers!

Really? I didn't realize this. Good reason to allow us to print our own WM stickers!

Yes, if you want to choose country, there's only "United States".

I see in category names like "lumbricus", "luzzi1971" (Ger) or kallehaugerne (Den), but no idea how they got it...

...I see in category names like "lumbricus", "luzzi1971" (Ger) ..., but no idea how they got it...

I organized an event for Lackey 'Annie' in Munich. I asked Bootron to give her some on her travels for me. So she gave me some stickers in Munich. I gave one to Luzzi1971. But I think that's not the normal way to get these stickers. :laughing:

Puczmeloun, send me your post address and I will send you one. (Better per private message)

-lumbricus

Thanks to you too. Why too? Because Max and 99 sent me this offer just couple of minutes before you. I hope i don't need two of them, so I'll wait for more exotic american one :D And it also means that there's offer of free sticker for another european waymarker...

Thanks again for both of you co-waymarkers :)

Puczmeloun, send me your post address and I will send you one. (Better per private message)

-lumbricus

I'd settle for even one non-exotic sticker :laughing:

If puczmeloun is not interested, would you send it to me?

My post address is in your private message box.

Thanks.

Is anyone with a Waymark Sticker heading to GeoWoodstock next weekend? I have a buddy going down from Indiana and just now got his sticker (not listed yet). He would meet up with others if anyone is interested.

I just submitted my sticker for approval. We will be at Geowoodstock, but if you don't spot our name tags during the activities, we will volunteering at the Travel Bug area during the noon time slot. Of course, now I have to remember to bring the sticker (I suspect that's in the fine print somewhere).

David

Aaron will produce a Waymarking pin. -> Cool!

What about the following idea. We change the category name from "Waymarking sticker seekers" to "Waymarking stickers and pins seekers". That would be nice for new Waymarkers because they could join the category with a Waymarking pin. There is also a possibilty to engrave the Waymarking code on the pin.

I think that's a great idea.

What about the following idea. We change the category name from "Waymarking sticker seekers" to "Waymarking stickers and pins seekers". That would be nice for new Waymarkers because they could join the category with a Waymarking pin. There is also a possibilty to engrave the Waymarking code on the pin.

Great idea!

I can get behind that idea as long as there is a way to have the WM CODE in the image. Remember that the original idea was to have WM???? on the Sticker and it would be the Waymark Listing itself. It is not supposed to go to a "trackable" page.

B) BQ