CacheDrone's MAY-TEN-ANCE contest, 2013

CacheDrone

CacheDrone's Give-Aways: Starting May 10th, 2013 and running till the 31st (22 days in total) is my MAY-TEN-ANCE contest! My good friend Checkmark donated two official Groundspeak "trackables" and told me to be creative. During the dates above you can enter as many times as you like to win them both! Here's the catch!

•  
  • Enter an "Owner Maintenance" log on any cache that you own detailing how you fixed your cache up.
  • Upload a before and an after image of the cache showing the contents to your log. Both must be at the same spot.
  • Your cache must hold trade items when maintenance is complete.
  • Only "small", "regular" and "large" caches will be accepted. Sorry, no "micro", "not chosen" or "other" allowed.
  • One entry per cache (GC CODE) only.

Send me a message here stating you wish to enter the contest and the GC CODE or link to your cache. These will all be added to a bookmark list and the winner will be chosen randomly. The winner agrees that their prize will be mailed to them via Canada Post.

It should be said that this contest is only for Canadian placed caches.

:cool: CD

It doesn't concern me right now, but:

Is that, placed by Canadians (owned) or placed in Canada or both placed by Canadians and located in Canada?

Canadians might place elsewhere, Americans might place in Canada (or others of course, with 'plans').

So it is a legitimate question, I think.

Thanks

Doug 7rxc

It should be said that this contest is only for Canadian placed caches.

It doesn't concern me right now, but:

Is that, placed by Canadians (owned) or placed in Canada or both placed by Canadians and located in Canada?

Canadians might place elsewhere, Americans might place in Canada (or others of course, with 'plans').

So it is a legitimate question, I think.

Thanks

Doug 7rxc

Caches that are geographically inside the political borders of Canada. I'm not trying to be smart-alec when I say that, but this is for Canadian caches. I cannot tell where player accounts are from.

Caches that are geographically inside the political borders of Canada. I'm not trying to be smart-alec when I say that, but this is for Canadian caches. I cannot tell where player accounts are from.

Thanks for the clarification! I simply found " Canadian placed caches " readable several ways.

Since I only maintain a few for others, I can't play... but I do have a lot of interesting experiences with that.

Not so far this year though!

Doug 7rxc

A funny Cache May-ten-ance story...

A couple of weeks ago, we went out and did annual spring time cache maintenance on two of our night caches that are in the same park. We figured we'd be done in an hour and would have time to go home, eat, shower and change before going to our daughter's high school musical theatre performance... NOT! Once we'd started, we had to finish! Plus we knew that there was a couple of groups heading over to try them later that night if we got them fixed up.

Well this winter had been harder on these two caches than normal...we walked both routes and removed ivy that had grown over some FireTacks, wiped some off that had 'mildew' on them, replaced some FireTacks that had gone astray, totally replaced 'hint' stages and spruced up the final cache containers with fresh swag and logbooks. We didn't have enough paper towels and so Chris wiped out a musty damp cache container with the bottom of his t-shirt (at this point thinking he'd have time to go home and change before the theatre). 2 1/2 hours later we ran for the vehicle and made haste for the high school while I posted Owner Maintenance logs on my Droid with the window open because of a funky smell in the car that we determined was coming from the bottom of Chris' t-shirt :laughing:

We grabbed a couple of trays of sushi (along with flowers for our performing star) from the grocery store and hid in the back row, a bit out of breath and not quite looking (or smelling) like the rest of the proud parents in the audience!

Awesome story Helen!

It would be great if this thread evolved into the sharing of "Owner Maintenance" tales. Every cache can be new again, and speaking from my player account's side it is actually pretty fun going back to your own cache at a different time if year to see what the place looks like.

Less than a week left in the contest.... This would be a great time to check on caches of your own that are more than a year old or haven't been found in a few months. Don't forget that Owner Maintenance log. That tells everyone your cache is in prime condition.