"Download waypoints" the same as "send to device?"

shadango

I have downloaded a handful of caches to my Oregon 450, and have been doing paperless caching. Real cool!

But I cant seem to find anywhere the answer to my question - Do I have to "send to device" to get the full listings or can I check off the caches I want and "download waypoints" and get the same thing?

The latter would be much faster....but looks like "download" means "download to your computer", not the device....

I was hoping I could just check off all the caches I have not found within 50 miles ,etc and download all at once and go about my merry way......

Thanks in advance folks!

First of all, Pocket Queries will be your friend here. Set to "Caches I haven't found" and "within 50 miles", and any other setting you wish. Second, as a PM, IIRC, both Download and Send to GPs should give you a GPX file containing the full description. Send to GPS will, as described, send the file directly to your GPS. Download will send it to your computer, and you'll have to use another method to load it to your GPS (drag-n-drop, Basecamp, GSAK, etc.).

First of all, Pocket Queries will be your friend here. Set to "Caches I haven't found" and "within 50 miles", and any other setting you wish. Second, as a PM, IIRC, both Download and Send to GPs should give you a GPX file containing the full description. Send to GPS will, as described, send the file directly to your GPS. Download will send it to your computer, and you'll have to use another method to load it to your GPS (drag-n-drop, Basecamp, GSAK, etc.).

If you are looking at a search page or a preview of a pocket query, checking the boxes and clicking Download at the bottom is NOT the way to go. Even if you manage to get the downloaded file onto your GPS, it will only contain very minimal information.

If you have not created a Pocket Query, you need to do so. If you have created one, you need to set it run on a particular day, use today if you want it right now. Wait a few moments and then refresh the Pocket Query list page and at the top you should see a tab with "Pocket Queries Ready for Download (1)" Open that tab and you will see the file that you need in the list. It will be a zip file and it will need to be unzipped. Copy the two files that the zip contains to the \Garmin\Gpx folder on your GPS.

Ditto on the pocket queries. Learn it, know it, live it....

Take some time to play around with Pocket Queries and you'll never want to send caches to your device one at a time again. I'd much rather load up a whole area where I'll be caching in one swift move than hand pick all the potential targets one a time.

And on those rare occasions when I do want to hand select a few particular caches for whatever reason, I'll usually create a Bookmark list if them then generate a PQ of the list. Sends them all to my Oregon in a nice neat package.