Travel Bug not in the cache

GPS-Hermit

I get logs that tell me there was no TB in my cache and I guess the listing says there is.

What is the accepted solution. I am sure some folks wait a while before Getting the TB to a new place.

If that doesn't happen in some length of time. What is normally done! ???

Yes, I'd give it a couple weeks in case someone is traveling. If the travel bug has been gone longer than that, and you can't figure out from the logs who took it, you as the cache owner can mark it missing.

Go to the cache page, and click on the travel bug listed that is not really in the cache. On the right side, under trackable options, there is a button to "Mark Item Missing".

I would "Write Note" first, then mark the traveler missing. "Mark Item Missing" creates a generic note which cannot be edited.

I get logs that tell me there was no TB in my cache and I guess the listing says there is.

What is the accepted solution. I am sure some folks wait a while before Getting the TB to a new place.

If that doesn't happen in some length of time. What is normally done! ???

The trackables in the inventory for GC9F26 could all be marked as "missing", since there is no recent activity for them. The Diabetes tb is listed as being dropped in 2008, the others in 2011 and 2012.

The same goes for the ones in the inventory for GCE75F.

You've archived GCQ68J because the cache is gone, so you can definitely mark the trackable as missing.

The Reviewer archived GCQ0C9, even though you said the cache was still there. It's been a few years, so if you didn't retrieve the cache container, and checked to see if the trackable was there at the time, who knows? I would mark it missing, as well.

You can go out to these caches to verify yourself if the trackables are there or not, but it doesn't sound like they are. You could tell the trackable owners that they can mark them "missing", if the trackable owners are still active in the game.

B.

When I do maintenance and see that the trackable is missing, I email the TO.

- I no longer do anything on another's word. I look myself.

Found way too many coins stuck to ammo can sides and lids and TBs in with swag that simply was missed by others.

If the TO doesn't email me back in a few weeks, I mark it missing from the hide.

Edited by cerberus1