Delete My Archived Caches

RubyandCo

Hi there

Is it possible to delete Archived Caches to give an accurate total of owned caches on my profile page - I have had to archive several caches over the last few months and have created some more so the profile is giving a falsh indication of how many active ones I have .

Thank you

Rubyandco - UK

I have seen people doing the 'adopt and then archive' thing.

Doesn't make sense to me, though. I own X number of listings, Y number are active and Z number are archived.

It's kind of like the people who will copy the text of their previous DNF, append it to their Found log, and delete the DNF log. Magically, they have very few DNFs! <_<

I have 170 hides, but some of them didn't work out as planned...I still hid them.

Not so sure you should (try to) delete them at all!

Deleting such would most likely affect a lot of cacher stats. All those that have previously "Found" those caches would no longer have those finds associated with their caching history/stats. You cannot have "found" something that does not exist.

Same thing as deleting Found It logs. Delete the cache and all logs go the same route.

It would also affect your Caches Hidden stats. Even though they are archived, you have still hidden them. Delete them and you have not hidden them.

That's why caches are not deleted, but archived.

Helps to think of the bigger picture, when you want to delete things.

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee

Hi there

Is it possible to delete Archived Caches to give an accurate total of owned caches on my profile page - I have had to archive several caches over the last few months and have created some more so the profile is giving a false indication of how many active ones I have.

Thank you

Rubyandco - UK

Perhaps a feature suggestion could be to include active owned cache totals next to the owned caches totals.

Not so sure you should (try to) delete them at all!

Deleting such would most likely affect a lot of cacher stats. All those that have previously "Found" those caches would no longer have those finds associated with their caching history/stats. You cannot have "found" something that does not exist.

Same thing as deleting Found It logs. Delete the cache and all logs go the same route.

It would also affect your Caches Hidden stats. Even though they are archived, you have still hidden them. Delete them and you have not hidden them.

That's why caches are not deleted, but archived.

that makes sense :) if the cache has disappeared into the ether anyone who had found it would have their stats knocked back

Good answer - but as someone else suggested a "show active caches" toggle would be a good idea

thank you for the sensible answers which sadly you don't always get on forums :rolleyes:

Since you're a premium member, you could always use a third party statistics program, like GSAK, to generate stats on your main profile page. FindStatGen gives you an option to display your owned caches stats, and it includes the option to only display your active caches and hide the archived ones.

Create a Pocket Query for Caches I Own.

You don't have to run it, just preview it. This will only return active caches, no archived. And there's your number.

You can have it return disabled, or not return disabled. You can create a separate query for disabled caches I own, and another for caches I own with the Needs Maintenance Icon set.

Pocket Queries!!!

Hi there

Is it possible to delete Archived Caches to give an accurate total of owned caches on my profile page - I have had to archive several caches over the last few months and have created some more so the profile is giving a falsh indication of how many active ones I have .

Thank you

Rubyandco - UK

Actually, I don't believe that the website gives any indication of how many active caches any of us has. It has been requested many times in the Feature Request forum and I think that it would be a helpful addition.