Fun with some candy mission

lorca.nl

Hello, mission participants!

I received emails while I was away from home (and internet) on an Independence Day trip. I haven't even logged the geocaches I found while on vacation yet! I've since responded to let my mission sender and mission organizer know that I'm not worried, that mail can take a long time, and that my post office is only open four days a week. I've not checked it since 2 July, so it could be that something is waiting for me.

Otherwise, there's not much to report here! I know how to post pictures and promise to share with everyone when it arrives. Happy caching and coining, all!

The eagle has landed!

I have to say, drneal should get with the post office for some kind of refund. This was the slowest Priority Mail delivery I've ever received! And for salt in the wound, a friend sent me a package from Michigan, parcel post, approximately the same size and weight, and it arrived in 10 days.

On the positive side, my mission's contents were AMAZING! A fantastic selection of candy, including some local favorites from my sender's hometown. These are definitely things I would have a difficult time finding here in the land of the rising sun, so THANK YOU for the diversity! And the coin - the coin and proxy! I've been away from geocoins for too long: is it common now to have a quality proxy along with a geocoin? It reminds me of some of Crake's designs that offered a magnet version of your geocoin to keep while your activated coin traveled the world. An excellent idea! What's the hole in the bottom edge for?

Here is a picture of the loot I was so happy to receive:

Candy+mission.jpg

There was also a sleeve of Necco wafers, but those didn't make it home. :0

So, that completes my mission! I will update my status officially in the next post. We are just waiting on mail to our mission organizer, which will hit its 1-month journey mark in two days. Fingers crossed that it GETS THERE!

The eagle has landed!

I have to say, drneal should get with the post office for some kind of refund. This was the slowest Priority Mail delivery I've ever received! And for salt in the wound, a friend sent me a package from Michigan, parcel post, approximately the same size and weight, and it arrived in 10 days.

On the positive side, my mission's contents were AMAZING! A fantastic selection of candy, including some local favorites from my sender's hometown. These are definitely things I would have a difficult time finding here in the land of the rising sun, so THANK YOU for the diversity! And the coin - the coin and proxy! I've been away from geocoins for too long: is it common now to have a quality proxy along with a geocoin? It reminds me of some of Crake's designs that offered a magnet version of your geocoin to keep while your activated coin traveled the world. An excellent idea! What's the hole in the bottom edge for?

Here is a picture of the loot I was so happy to receive:

Candy+mission.jpg

There was also a sleeve of Necco wafers, but those didn't make it home. :0

So, that completes my mission! I will update my status officially in the next post. We are just waiting on mail to our mission organizer, which will hit its 1-month journey mark in two days. Fingers crossed that it GETS THERE!

relieved to see your mission made its way to you !

ILYK

I'm curious. Have you tried the chocolate covered elk balls yet? Those must be a local favorite. :blink:

maybe not for the elk

ILYK

Hehe Ouch! :blink:

From the same maker maybe?

extra-sour-camel-balls-19404-1268425277-55.jpg

Disgusting :wacko:

Did you taste them, are they good? :anibad: :anibad: :anibad:

Camo'd name for these ... Sand Dune Oysters ... :yikes: