CZECH GEOCOIN - How do I track it?

The Archibalds

I recently found a Czech Geocoin. Any idea what to do? I think I am supposed to log it...but the only identifiable things about it are the fact that it says GEOCACHING CZ, PETR3, and CZECH WOOD GEOCOIN 2012. How do I let them know we found it in Michigan, USA and will be leaving it in Canada? It's travelled far!! Any suggestions? Just did my first geocaching yesterday, so this is all new to me and my family. Thank you so much. :) -The Archibald Family

My guess would be you found his signature item. It sound like a non trackable wooden geocoin, see image below. If it is trackable it will have "Trackable at Geocaching.com", and a tracking code. On some coins it is on the edge. If it is a non trackable it is considered SWAG and should be traded for.

0467e7dc-d2f4-4174-8caf-ece43462ddf4.jpg

I too just found my first Wood GeoCoin. This one is from Slovakia (2013).

Is this just a collectible that I can keep. There is a name on it. Should I contact the owner somehow and tell him what I think of the coin?

EDIT - I did make a drop when I pick it up. A travel bug.

Edited by taunus.ami

I come from the Czech Republic and the use of a word GEOCOIN is definitely inadequate. A vast majority of these wooden tokens are not trackable and are predominantly meant as swag items. There is no way to track them and there is no need to contact the owner. If you want you can have these tokens made in several Czech geoshops, too.