first trip to find an cache failed. Wahat went wrong?

VillaKlink

Hi,

We did a cache nearby, we know the forest there, an spent in total 3 days to find all the answers, so we found the final coordinate of the cach, but didn't found it. It was very diappointing for the kids. (it was:de Tolboom cache in Holland) What went wrong?? how can i verify if the cache coordinates are correct?

Hi,

We did a cache nearby, we know the forest there, an spent in total 3 days to find all the answers, so we found the final coordinate of the cach, but didn't found it. It was very diappointing for the kids. (it was:de Tolboom cache in Holland) What went wrong?? how can i verify if the cache coordinates are correct?

Some caches use online coordinate checkers. If this one does, it should be listed on the cache listing page. Otherwise, try contacting the cache owner and asking if they will verify your coordinates for you.

Edited by Semper Questio

It's quite brave looking for a multicache on your first go :)

Even if the clues are easy, you may have made a mistake with the final location, or it may be it's just a well camouflaged cache and you don't see it.

It may be better to start with some 'traditional' caches near you, particularly those highlighted as beginner caches, and that way you wil get used to how caches are hidden.

For De Tolboom, I noticed that there is a hint (you have to decrypt it). I don't know this cache, but I guess the hint might refer to a feature of the landscape? Good luck!

There are quite a lot of pictures for that cache as well by the way. Might be worth looking through them - sometimes you get little hints from them as well.

There seem to be some quite nice and large regular caches close to that one that you should have fun looking for as well. Might be worth starting with one to two of them - Kop dichtfor example looks like a good beginners cache.

Try contacting the cache owner.

Let them know the answers you got, and the coordinates you got.

They can confirm if you are right, and may give you another hint as to where the cache is.

I agree totally. This is the best way to solve such problems, especially when you explain that you are rather new and need the owners help.

Most Owners are helpful toward new players!

I tried to contact the cache owner, but he/she didn't respond so far. thanks foor the tips and encouriging words! I did'nt find the hint yet for the Tolboom, but i will look once again at the page about it.

I let you know how this story ends. :)

Caroline

Try contacting the cache owner.

Let them know the answers you got, and the coordinates you got.

They can confirm if you are right, and may give you another hint as to where the cache is.

I agree totally. This is the best way to solve such problems, especially when you explain that you are rather new and need the owners help.

Most Owners are helpful toward new players!