Deleting Cache Locations

Team Buddha Bear

I have a similar question. I have been loading pocket queries for my area into my Garmin 62S GPS, and after loading about 6000 geocache listings into the GPS, when I loaded in the last pocket query, the GPS had a message on the screen saying, "Maximum number of geocaches exceeded." What do I do about this? Most of the geocaches I loaded in, I haven't found yet -- perhaps I just happen to live in a very geocache-rich area. Does this message on the GPS mean that I cannot load in any more geocaches or pocket queries (a shame, because if I go on vacation to another area, I'd want to load those in...)? Is there any way to delete found geocaches from the unit? (Though that will only be a small number....).

I also think it's a shame my GPS only allows that many geocaches, since i read a note recently about someone putting 55,000 geocaches into her GPS.

I tried loading caches into the GPS's memory card, instead of the unit itself, but after doing that they did not show up at all in the GPS and I thought maybe I can't put them on the memory card.

Don't know that unit, but someone will be along shortly!

I also think it's a shame my GPS only allows that many geocaches, since i read a note recently about someone putting 55,000 geocaches into her GPS.

I tried loading caches into the GPS's memory card, instead of the unit itself, but after doing that they did not show up at all in the GPS and I thought maybe I can't put them on the memory card.

Whilst you may be able to load xx,000 caches, that data can soon become stale and out of date.

You may not think that that is important... Until you spend time looking for a cache that is no longer there!

Always keep the cache information on your GPS up to date by downloading the cache info as near to your caching time as possible. :)

For both GPS receivers, try connecting them to your computer, open them like you would an external hard drive, and then look through the folders on the GPSr for .GPX files (likely either called geocache.gpx or named after specific waypoints like GC2NG4G.gpx).

For both GPS receivers, try connecting them to your computer, open them like you would an external hard drive, and then look through the folders on the GPSr for .GPX files (likely either called geocache.gpx or named after specific waypoints like GC2NG4G.gpx).

Thanks Hzoi, I did what you suggested and deleted two large files. Now all that remains are the caches I've downloaded. Thanks for you help. Worked like a charm.