Incorrect logging dates on iPhone app

Devar

When will this bug be fixed? For cachers outside of the USA, when logs are submitted directly from the iPhone app, the date/time of logging seems to be taken from the server side, not the client (iPhone) side.

So when I log a cache at 10am in the morning on the 5th/May/2013 from Western Australia (where I am), it shows up on geocaching.com itself as being logged on the 4th/May/2013. So basically any stats etc that are being recorded for dates are inaccurate.

This bug has been in the app for as long as I remember and is such a basic thing that it should have been fixed a very long time ago.

That's an excellent observation.....I never noticed that before. Of course, I'm only 2 hours time difference from Washington and don't log caches in the wee hours of the morning so I've never experienced the date issue. I can see where that would be annoying (especially if you're trying to log on a particular date for a souvenir or to complete a challenge grid or something like that)

I'm no software developer, but it seems like it would be a fairly simple matter to have the device (which already knows where YOU are, obviously) to apply the local time zone to your logs. IDK....

If I need or choose to log from my iPhone, I tend to log a field note template log

eg I attended with my family and their names, met up with good friends there, it was great to meet and chat with cachers I already knew or new people I chatted with etc,

them I add extra details afterwards: it just saves me having to write so much in one go [:)]

that' is unless I make a mistake and save and send it as a log 1 hour before a flash mob was due to start! and panic the others who were watching the cache event and planning on attending the flash mob, thinking they'd missed it already - sorry guys.

I did delete my log straight away.

Anyway, after posting a field note adding reminder notes in the 'notepad feature' on there, which is cool [:D]

I can keep a track if what we did and in what order that way especially if we are out doing a few eg 5 or more in one trip.

I the either do it straight away or wait until I'm at home with Wi-Fi -

I log onto GC.com, click on my field notes, which usually come up when I click on my profile tab,

Starting at the top of the list, I click on compose log,

Then edit my log notes, adding extra detail, memorable bits of the day or such like

I Make sure the date is correct!!!!

Best of all is you can click on 'all visited' for your trackables in your inventory, then edit any you have dropped off or had not retrieved by that cache.

Then click submit [:)]

A lot quicker than adding them 1 by 1 on the App (is it possible to add the sane feature to the app? The 'all visited' for TBs one?

Hope that helps - I do agree that either there needs to be something for it auto set your time zone, or allow you to enter the date you did the cache - this would be extremely helpful [:)] Is it possible?

All the best

Heather @

Cache on Wheels