App for Android & iPad

I'm itching to go caching today, but I've changed smartphones since my last hunt and no longer have an app for it.

I would love to have the Groundspeak app, but I just can't afford it right now as I need an app for 2 devices due to battery drain :(

So, does anyone know of a FREE app that is available for both Android and iPad?

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies!

~Dee

Ditto on the Apple side - buy it once, use it on any iThing attached to your iTunes account. I think the limit is 5 active devices at any given time.

But the OP question confuses me. Need two different devices because of battery drain? Can afford two different devices and a cellular bill -- but not a $10 one time app purchase?

Edited by user13371

Ditto on the Apple side - buy it once, use it on any iThing attached to your iTunes account. I think the limit is 5 active devices at any given time.

But the OP question confuses me. Need two different devices because of battery drain? Can afford two different devices and a cellular bill -- but not a $10 one time app purchase?

Or a Lithium-ion battery pack ($40 @ Best Buy ....).

The lack of removeable battery has not been an issue with my iPhone. For iOS the best app you have two choices - official Geocaching app for $9.99 or Geosphere is another good option.

Where do I get the iPad app? I looked on the app store but did not see the official logo. Right now what I seem to have on my iPad is just a link to this website. But I liked the iPhone app because it was easier to use on the go

I use c:geo on my Android, it works great and automatically updates geocaching.com profile with all logs.

+1 on c:geo, it kind of sets the standard by which others are measured, official app included.

Have they updated c:geo to use the Geocaching Live API yet, or does it still scrape the site (and thus break every time there is an update).

Have they updated c:geo to use the Geocaching Live API yet, or does it still scrape the site (and thus break every time there is an update).

They are still scraping and parsing the data.

Their view is caching should be free and open to all users not just premium paid users.