eXplorist GC and Waypoints?

When I was running 1.8 waypoints would automatically be added when I downloaded a geocache. With the new 2.15, it doesn't do that, at least not for me. Anyone else notice that? It was a handy feature, because it showed local parking, etc.

Edited by Cr8zyC8tL8dy

You need to use a Pocket Query to include all of the child waypoints. The new firmware and Magellan Communicator are not working well the "Send to My GPS" function.

When I was running 1.8 waypoints would automatically be added when I downloaded a geocache. With the new 2.15, it doesn't do that, at least not for me. Anyone else notice that? It was a handy feature, because it showed local parking, etc.

You need to use a Pocket Query to include all of the child waypoints. The new firmware and Magellan Communicator are not working well the "Send to My GPS" function.

Thanks, I'll try that!

This info was helpful. I just purchased an xplorist 710, and Im so frustrated w/ it, Im about to take it in for a refund. It took a week to get the darned Magellan Manager to even download. Now it does nothing. And no the "Send to GPS" from GC.com doesnt work for me either.

I am only able to download caches to the unit by manually building a Pocket Query then sending that to GSAK.

I also have not been able to get better than 13 ft accuracy, and notice that while walking the numbers dont change very fast. Long lags. 13 ft may not seem bad, but when Im looking for something the size of a pea, I need it narrowed a lot more. I currently use my old org model eTrex Legend. Im used to getting within 1 ft. on a reg basis. I get to 1.5 ft using my Android phone w/ c:geo app.

So far Im regretting this purchase, and may take it back.

I own a 710 & touch wood, haven't had many problems with it. I use GSAK to send caches but it also works for the odd send from the cache page. As to accuracy I have never seen a GPSr of any brand that gives accuracy better than 4 metres (13 feet). My previous GPSr was a 60MapCSx & this workhorse is renowned for its accuracy. The Magellan equals it. It takes longer to get a lock when first turned on but is feature rich so that is understandable. I printed off the manual & studied that before I started getting serious. I'm still experimenting & sometimes that has consequences that take awhile to reverse.

In navigating to a cache or waypoint I use the smart arrow plus that blue line in combination.Works well. I also like the ability to record memos as Waymark as well. If I have questions I have a look at the Magellan insiders forum.