GC32XXD Spring Fling 9 Event Seeking Donations

kini_ont

The Central Ontario Geocachers are at it again this year, this time we’re on the shores of Lake Couchiching at the YMCA Geneva Park. Nearby are the homes of some of Canada’s notables like Stephen Leacock and Gordon Lightfoot and Geneva Park has often been used for political retreats which may explain why Gordon wrote “If You Could Read My Mind”. Never the less it’s a great location and of course you’re all welcome to join us in Ontario. For further information about the event please visit us at COG Spring Fling 9 World Tour

As Chair and prize coordinator for this year’s event I am seeking prize donations from this generous community. If you are interested in making a donation please contact me through my caching profile email or leave a message here in the forum and I’ll get back to you.

Thank You :)

kini_ont

The Central Ontario Geocachers are at it again this year, this time we’re on the shores of Lake Couchiching at the YMCA Geneva Park. Nearby are the homes of some of Canada’s notables like Stephen Leacock and Gordon Lightfoot and Geneva Park has often been used for political retreats which may explain why Gordon wrote “If You Could Read My Mind”. Never the less it’s a great location and of course you’re all welcome to join us in Ontario. For further information about the event please visit us at COG Spring Fling 9 World Tour

As Chair and prize coordinator for this year’s event I am seeking prize donations from this generous community. If you are interested in making a donation please contact me through my caching profile email or leave a message here in the forum and I’ll get back to you.

Thank You :)

kini_ont

e-mail sent!

Thank you mo_pirate, Landsharkz and drneal, also thanks to those who have offered donations by direct emails; PHDCoins, JP's Geodesigns & Signature Items, TeamEccs21, steben6, Turlutortue and oiseau-ca. Central Ontario Geocachers thank you all :D

Thank you mo_pirate, Landsharkz and drneal, also thanks to those who have offered donations by direct emails; PHDCoins, JP's Geodesigns & Signature Items, TeamEccs21, steben6, Turlutortue and oiseau-ca. Central Ontario Geocachers thank you all :D

finally got mine out in the mail today. sorry for the delay- I have been sick.

finally got mine out in the mail today. sorry for the delay- I have been sick.

No problem we still have a bit of time - Get well!

Hi kini_ont,

I'm sure a couple of trilobites can swim their way east for your event. :)

Let me know where they should arrive.

Cmdr Hadfield up in the International Space Station compared the Palm Island in Dubai to a "trilobite in the night!!!"

Very cool. See link below.

Trilobite in the Night.

It's so cool all the things and pictures he's done up there and he's Canadian too..... and has a cottage here in Ontario from what I hear near us :D

Thanks for your support, I've sent an email to where your trilobites can be sent.

Now has anyone ask Chris Hatfield to log that TB on the ISS ??? B)

On behalf of the ASP GEOBASH we would like to send you a package. Please let me know the shipping details.

The Central Ontario Cachers thank you for ASP Geobash's support, I will be at ASPGB on May 18th and would love to meet you (and save you a few $$'s :) ) email is on the way.

A huge thank you goes to E&Cplus3 & PHDCoins.ca, I got a notice that there was a package for me at the post office, what for a couple of coins .... oh no... look at the haul. I just couldn't believe it, I have come to realize a long time ago that this community of cachers are very, very special people.

Thanks again Chuck this will put a smile on many faces (it did on mine see :D )

e2bafc9b-647b-469b-94b2-5cec3982ac12.jpg

Well the past week has been hectic with meetings of the organizing committee and walking trails getting coordinates for over 100 caches that will be placed for this event. I haven't forgot to check the mailbox :) and in the last few days I must say that the coin donations have been outstanding. Thank You may not be enough but it is what it is from the bottom of my tired heart. In about a week I get to take a bit of rest and have some fun and enjoyment as I attend ASPGB 8 and do a little golfing in PA and hopefully everything will run smoothly while I'm gone :blink:

Here are the donations received this week in my mailbox B) Lots of great coins B) Thank you to all!

Laval K-9 (Thank You)

b7c822f0-94ea-4a24-a462-12a6a5971d4c.jpg

mo pirate (Thank You)

fd4a2f1c-fe4f-491f-b46a-b5ede956fed4.jpg

Tethys C & C-side Girl (Thank You)

e5914849-7813-4865-b909-f093f373e93e.jpg

TeamEccs21 (Thank You)

83ad13b1-644e-4b6c-b94d-3c951026706e.jpg

All of the Central Ontario Geocachers would wish you the best year in caching :)

Today was moving day, no we aren't moving but today was get things done (moving my ...) before heading to ASP and a week of caching & golf (in that order) so I got to the mailbox early and found a come in to see us note (registered mail) and here is what I got :D

43992ce9-05f6-4713-ac46-98e08935c3e3.jpg

A big thanks to JP's Geodesigns & Signature Items, JP you out did yourself B)

A big thank you to ASP Geobash not only for doing a bang up job on the event but also for supporting our event. Many of the COG members head to ASP, so to those who attend the ASP event come on up, your welcome to come and play in our woods :D anytime.

NOSNOW sorry to have missed you but I was on a tight time frame to get to Dubois we'll see you at GCF hopefully.

2a76cfaf-5990-42e2-8250-45bd5b9fa97f.jpg

Well it's 18 1/2 days to the event and again I've received a wonderful mailer, this time front steben6 who was afraid they might not make it in time :) But they did and we thank you for your generous donation :D

9f8eb7b4-3e02-453a-9c58-5ab662eec033.jpg

Yay! So glad it made it on time! Have a great event!!

I have a coin for you, catch me at ASP.

Thank you NOSNOW I'm happy to report that your donation of some beautiful coins have been received, COG Spring Fling attendees will really have some great coins to win. Wish I had caught you and Shadow's Friend at ASP but we'll see you at GCF with a new KINI coin to trade for some "carrot cake" which happens to be mine and Shadow's favorite :)

18eaf350-b002-49e6-9bd6-ffb6cc501f67.jpg

So as promised I'd take a few picture of our Mega Event (600+) it was abeauty of a day you would have thought we had made a deal with Mother Nature (I sort of did, well more of a plead) The venue was perfect Osprey nesting with its young above the camping, a fox kit under one of the cottage stairs, the sound of the loons in the morning, well it was perfect.

The first shot is the calm before the storm :P

SF9001.jpg

Here it looks like the stores were real busy and they were, I wonder where all the geocaches will pop up :)

SF9004.jpg

The entrance into our HQ it looks like their on a mission

SF9010.jpg

And getting towards the end, the gathering of the COG clan. We had visitors from all over Florida, Utah, Texas and even one from Western Australia

SF9012.jpg

COGSF9group.jpg

The Geocachers of Central Ontario would like to thank all of our donors the coins were well received and everyone who won one had a large smile. Thanks again and if your ever in the area look us up SF 10 is only 362 days away :blink::ph34r: