GC Codes abroad

oshy55

I have just got a Garmin GPS 60 and have loaded several uk gc codes, but it wont load caches from Portugal, it say it has but cant find them. answers on a postcard please....

There absolutely HAS to be something different about how you added the Portugal waypoints.

There is no difference between the codes based on country.

Just guessing here....

You cannot see them, because they are too far away. You can bring up a geocache list in your GPSr, that will allow you to view them individually.

...Portugal, it say it has but cant find them.

?????? do not understand what you are trying to say, here.

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee

I have just got a Garmin GPS 60 and have loaded several uk gc codes, but it wont load caches from Portugal, it say it has but cant find them. answers on a postcard please....

If you're in "Southern England", are searching for caches you've downloaded to your gps that are in Portugal, you need to search by name. If you're under the "nearest" to you field, those caches won't show up.

The owners manual explains how to do searches with your gps:

http://www8.garmin.com/manuals/GPSMAP60_OwnersManual.pdf

pages 22 and 27 might be of some help.

B.

On the Garmin 60, hit Find, Geocache, then hit the menu button, select "By Name". You should see your caches in alphabetical order. Alternately, you can go to the map screen, scroll it over to where the caches are located and then use by distance, and it will list by where the pointer is located.

I've had my 60Cs for almost five years now and I still freak out when I load a set of caches that is over 50 miles away and then don't see them on the list.