Geocaching app offline database

Rick-N-Cyn

We had been using GeoBeagle on our Android phones because it has an offline database and we do a lot of hiking in areas with no cell service. I recently downloaded the Official Geocaching.com app for both of our phones and we like it a lot. Got all of our pocket queries loaded with no problem. It works great around town. Yesterday we went for a hike in an area with no cell service, and when I try to find nearby caches I just get the message "Failed to connect to Geocaching.com". Since I had downloaded all of our pocket queries I thought it was using an offline database. Do I need to change something in settings to get this to work?

Thanks.

-Rick

I just checked mine. There used to be something in settings that said to scan the SDcard and that is gone. Before I would download outside the app to the SDcard and it would load them when I checked that. Will be interesting how this plays out.

I also checked my iPad app and the save to list from a downloaded PQ is still there.

Edited by Walts Hunting