Multi's and padlocks

ProfessorBenson

I have a metal box with a clasp I want to use as a cache container. I also have a padlock I want to lock it with. My plan is to put the key in a separate container and list it as a multi-cache. Put there are some problems:

1) When the cacher finds the first stage (the key), they will need to travel to the second stage to unlock the box and sign the log. Between the first stage and the second stage, no one else will be able to find the cache. My solution is to-

2)Put the cache with the key in it within ten feet of the actual locked box. Thus, the down time will be minimal.

I'm also assuming our local cachers have enough decency to return the key to the original cache.

My questions are:

1)Would putting the key in a different stage of the multi create a problem?

2)Does putting the key stage within ten feet of the final stage create a proximity issue?

there is a similar cache in the swindon area, you find the main container which has a QR code on it with coords to another location a few feet away where a key is in a magnetic keyholder box, the log book inside the main cache is a hardback diary with a padlock through it so you have to complete the whole thing to log the cache as found, and then replace the key. It is a very popular cache as it has a high difficulty rating and low terrain. good luck with yours!

I have a metal box with a clasp I want to use as a cache container. I also have a padlock I want to lock it with. My plan is to put the key in a separate container and list it as a multi-cache. Put there are some problems:

1) When the cacher finds the first stage (the key), they will need to travel to the second stage to unlock the box and sign the log. Between the first stage and the second stage, no one else will be able to find the cache. My solution is to-

2)Put the cache with the key in it within ten feet of the actual locked box. Thus, the down time will be minimal.

I'm also assuming our local cachers have enough decency to return the key to the original cache.

My questions are:

1)Would putting the key in a different stage of the multi create a problem?

2)Does putting the key stage within ten feet of the final stage create a proximity issue?

No proximity issue, as already stated.

I would think there would be minimal problems if stage 1 were only a few steps away.

Getting a few spare keys made up ahead of time would be a good idea.