Premium membership to GPS

polarismagic

I started out just as a basic member and downloaded a bunch of geocaches to my Magellan explorist GC. I just upgraded to premium but when I go in to the Magellan it won't let me view any description of the ones I already downloaded.

Pocket Queries or other ("Send to GPS") -- if you have non-Premium data (.LOC files) in the unit, you must remove it all, BEFORE loading any as Premium (.GPX files). Delete all prior cache info (data) from your unit. After that, the GPX files that you load will show all necessary data (descriptions, hints and the like).

You simply cannot mix 'n match the data. It won't work, you get one or the other. Because the "old" is already present, all "new" reverts to "old".

I started out just as a basic member and downloaded a bunch of geocaches to my Magellan explorist GC. I just upgraded to premium but when I go in to the Magellan it won't let me view any description of the ones I already downloaded.

Pocket Queries or other ("Send to GPS") -- if you have non-Premium data (.LOC files) in the unit, you must remove it all, BEFORE loading any as Premium (.GPX files). Delete all prior cache info (data) from your unit. After that, the GPX files that you load will show all necessary data (descriptions, hints and the like).

You simply cannot mix 'n match the data. It won't work, you get one or the other. Because the "old" is already present, all "new" reverts to "old".

Thanks I was wondering if I was going to have to delete all of the caches and reinstall them on to my GPS.