Logging personal TB

banjo54

I would like to get a personal TB and go back and log it into all the caches that I have visited and found over the last year. 470+ . Just to keep track of how many miles I travel caching . Hopefully I can do this without actually revisiting each one. As they are in 45 of the lower 48 states. Is this possible without messing up my cache count, and how do I do it.

I would like to get a personal TB and go back and log it into all the caches that I have visited and found over the last year. 470+ . Just to keep track of how many miles I travel caching . Hopefully I can do this without actually revisiting each one. As they are in 45 of the lower 48 states. Is this possible without messing up my cache count, and how do I do it.

If you don't want to use GSAK, you can either edit all your Found it logs to visit your personal TB to each cache or use the Write a Note log to do the same. If you write a note you can just say "TB visit." You'll want to be sure you keep all the logs in the same order that you originally found the caches. You can then delete the note and it will not affect the TB's trail.

I have a trackable to track my mileage, too! :)

I would be careful with a GSAK macro, though.

GSAK does not and can not order your finds on any particular day properly.

That fact may (or may not) affect the total mileage of the trackable.

I suppose it would be reasonably accurate, though, and much less tedious than manually dropping and retrieving a TB through several thousand caches like I did (back in the days before the 'TB dip' option existed).

I do personal logging.

Let me tell you right now, unless you are dedicated to do this from here on out, don't bother.

If you log caches you didn't find, or passover logging caches because you don't have the time - you're just wasting your time pretending that it matters.

I do personal logging.

Let me tell you right now, unless you are dedicated to do this from here on out, don't bother.

If you log caches you didn't find, or passover logging caches because you don't have the time - you're just wasting your time pretending that it matters.

Let me tell you right now,.....Never begin a conversation with , "Let me tell you right now!!" It automatically puts the person on the defensive. You dont know me, nor I you. If you want to learn a little more you could look at my public profile. I have no reason to log finds I didnt find. And I take the time each night when I shut my truck down to log my finds for that day. If you look, I've been a member since 2007. If I was logging unfound caches, why would I be at 470+ . I've had 6 years to add to my count. Think how many I could have logged in 6 years. I've recently found two "Munzee's at the cordinates for the cache. I didnt know what they were till a couple of days ago. I thought they were the caches. When I found out they were not the caches, I deleted my finds. Thats just 2 caches that I didnt find. Dont try to make this into something that its not.This is a GAME!! It was created to be fun!! It is fun!! It will continue to be fun! Now. Let me tell you right now.......I have wasted too much of my time on a response that doesn't matter!! "And thats all I got to say about that." God bless you!!

Logging a TB through caches should be done when you want to. Maybe every cache, maybe each state, or county you've visited, heck you can use it to log any random cache out there. I don't care.

Just know that doing this takes effort that doesn't give anything back other than personal reward. You've been warned.

bd

Edited by BlueDeuce

Logging a TB through caches should be done when you want to. Maybe every cache, maybe each state, or county you've visited, heck you can use it to log any random cache out there. I don't care.

Just know that doing this takes effort that doesn't give anything back other than personal reward. You've been warned.

bd

I apologize!! After going back and reading and re-reading your post . I can see (or hear ) that i had the wrong take on it. I'm sorry. Sometimes you can read something in the wrong tone of voice. Thanks TeamRabbitRun for pointing that out.

I'll try to do better. Not a good way to start your first forum visit ....huh.

bd

I apologize!! After going back and reading and re-reading your post . I can see (or hear ) that i had the wrong take on it. I'm sorry. Sometimes you can read something in the wrong tone of voice. Thanks TeamRabbitRun for pointing that out.

I'll try to do better. Not a good way to start your first forum visit ....huh.

No prob on my end. You're right, written conversations are a lousy way to communicate unless you're very good at it.

...Bill

I do personal logging.

Sorry, I completely do not understand what you are saying here. :(

<br />I would like to get a personal TB and go back and log it into all the caches that I have visited and found over the last year. 470+ . Just to keep track of how many miles I travel caching . Hopefully I can do this without actually revisiting each one.  As they are in 45 of the lower 48 states. Is this possible without messing up my cache count, and how do I do it.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Lots of replies about logging the past finds, but for the future, some of the geocaching apps have an 'auto visit' feature you can set up so that every time you log a cache, it also logs your specified trackable as visiting that cache, too. Saves a step on every cache! Of course, if you don't use a phone app, GSAK automation might be your best way to go.

It's called DipTB.

I used it to do exactly what the OP wants to do, on two different trackables.

Does this macro generate an email to everyone watching the caches?

Isn't there a GSAK macro that just calculates your mileage directly from your visits? Wouldn't that be a better way to track your distance rather than logging a trackable everywhere? I have to admit, I've never had an urge to track my mileage either way, but I have gone to a cache page to try to find a trackable that's been through it, and it's almost always impossible to get anywhere because of all the TBs people have logged into each cache to track themselves.

I do personal logging.

Sorry, I completely do not understand what you are saying here. :(

It's work and it takes dedication and even if you enjoy it, the moment you lie or fail there's no way to recover.

Well that's not entirely true, You can fix it but let me tell you right now, unless you are dedicated to do this from here on out, don't bother.

bd

Yes. I have contemplated this. 1400 caches logged with the TB in the last two years. 14000 miles (?!?) St John's, Newfoundland is 1200 miles away. and Winona, Minnesota is 900 miles away. How did I do the other 9000 miles?!? Oh,well.

But, do I really want to log it through the other 3000 caches I've found? (Would add the miles to Florida...)

No. I think I'd have to be incredibly bored to attempt that!