Travel Bugs that go missing

cloverdalian

I put out a Travel Bug last year. I put it in a Cache a friend was with me so he took it out and put it in a Cache in the Cayman Islands. My bug Raisin Hell was place in a Cache in the town of Hell in the Cayman. In the cache Go To Hell a fitting start don`t you think. The problem is the first person to get it held it for months. They retrieved others and moved them quickly. After a few messages prompting them to move Raisin Hell along they placed it in a Cache that no one has been able to locate sense. How do I find out if the cache or the bug are still there. I am in Indiana they are in Florida.

they placed it in a Cache that no one has been able to locate sense. How do I find out if the cache or the bug are still there. I am in Indiana they are in Florida.

I've sometimes posted a question in a cache note log, "Is this TB still in this cache?". The last time I did that, the first answer was "No, it's gone, sorry!", and the next log was "Yes, it's still there!" :blink:. It was a large stuffed animal TB :rolleyes:.

But that plan is for a cache that's found regularly with no mention of Trackables inside. Once it's placed in a cache, you often just have to wait.

Edited by kunarion
they placed it in a Cache that no one has been able to locate sense. How do I find out if the cache or the bug are still there. I am in Indiana they are in Florida.

I've sometimes posted a question in a cache note log, "Is this TB still in this cache?". The last time I did that, the first answer was "No, it's gone, sorry!", and the next log was "Yes, it's still there!" :blink:. It was a large stuffed animal TB :rolleyes:.

But that plan is for a cache that's found regularly with no mention of Trackables inside. Once it's placed in a cache, you often just have to wait.

You could try asking the CO to check on it next time they're in the area. But if it's a remote cache, don't expect them to make a special trip just for you.

I put out a Travel Bug last year. I put it in a Cache a friend was with me so he took it out and put it in a Cache in the Cayman Islands. My bug Raisin Hell was place in a Cache in the town of Hell in the Cayman. In the cache Go To Hell a fitting start don`t you think. The problem is the first person to get it held it for months. They retrieved others and moved them quickly. After a few messages prompting them to move Raisin Hell along they placed it in a Cache that no one has been able to locate sense. How do I find out if the cache or the bug are still there. I am in Indiana they are in Florida.

It looks like the cache that the travel bug was placed into (GC36NJF - Palm Bay Pioneers) might have gone missing. The last three people haven't been able to find it, and it's a 1.5 difficulty hide, so it shouldn't be that hard. I'm afraid the cache has likely gone missing, and your travel bug along with it. Unfortunately, many a trackable meets its demise in this sort of fashion.

One person did find the cache in between the time that your travel bug was placed there and the cache seemingly went missing. You could try messaging them and seeing if they remember spotting your travel bug in the cache. (I suppose there's a remote chance that that cacher picked up your travel bug and just didn't log it right, but they're not new cachers, so I doubt that's the case.)

Sorry! :( I don't think it looks likely that your travel bug is still there in the cache. Hopefully I'm wrong!