Garmin open source maps on Magellan

Hi.

I've got a Magellan GC and upgraded it to v2.15. Slight hiccup in the upgrade process meant I got the system but not the new basemap, so I loaded it across from VantagePoint. This gave me the most basic base map I've ever seen - so I purchased the OSM map of the UK from maps4me.net - which gives me a lot more detail.

But - on my Garmin Oregon I've got the OSM based highly detailed maps of the UK produced by talkytoaster (the OS50 versions). Lots more information than just the base OSM maps and all open source.

Is there any way to convert the open source maps I use on my Garmin (.img format) into a format that the new GC can use (.imi?)? I'm not looking to break any licences or load illegally sourced maps - it's all open source, I'm just looking to change the format to something the GC can use.

Cheers.

Hi.

I've got a Magellan GC and upgraded it to v2.15. Slight hiccup in the upgrade process meant I got the system but not the new basemap, so I loaded it across from VantagePoint. This gave me the most basic base map I've ever seen - so I purchased the OSM map of the UK from maps4me.net - which gives me a lot more detail.

But - on my Garmin Oregon I've got the OSM based highly detailed maps of the UK produced by talkytoaster (the OS50 versions). Lots more information than just the base OSM maps and all open source.

Is there any way to convert the open source maps I use on my Garmin (.img format) into a format that the new GC can use (.imi?)? I'm not looking to break any licences or load illegally sourced maps - it's all open source, I'm just looking to change the format to something the GC can use.

Cheers.

Have a look at this site