Looking for PA Geocachers - 15666/Surrounding Areas

Cr8zyC8tL8dy

Hi, I'm new to Geocaching and love it! However, I would like to meet some people in my area who also love to geocache who I can join and have some fun, meet new people, etc. I'm in the 15666 zip area. Willing to travel 30 miles any direction to meet. I'm an adult geocacher, but other than my family, I don't know anybody who does this here. :sad:

Hi, I'm new to Geocaching and love it! However, I would like to meet some people in my area who also love to geocache who I can join and have some fun, meet new people, etc. I'm in the 15666 zip area. Willing to travel 30 miles any direction to meet. I'm an adult geocacher, but other than my family, I don't know anybody who does this here. :sad:

As a Geocacher from Southeast PA I did not recognize your Southwest PA Zip. We have already had the Mid Atlantic vs Northeast discussion around here. You are a lot closer to the Midwest than I am, but you probably really do want this in the Mid Atlantic forum.

The very best way to meet fellow local cachers is go to local events. We are in the 9th year locally of a monthly sit down in a Restaurant event. Sit there for a few hours over dinner with fellow cachers and talk about anything you like. Over time you will learn and remember more and more names and faces. It might not happen right away, but spend enough time around events, and some of them will become friends. I have many new friends met at events, and have cached with several of them. Group night hikes are particularly popular. I would rather be alone in the woods at night than most cities, but many do not feel that way. If someone suggests a group activity, join in. Just keep showing up and get to know as many people as possible.

As a Geocacher from Southeast PA I did not recognize your Southwest PA Zip. We have already had the Mid Atlantic vs Northeast discussion around here. You are a lot closer to the Midwest than I am, but you probably really do want this in the Mid Atlantic forum.

The very best way to meet fellow local cachers is go to local events. We are in the 9th year locally of a monthly sit down in a Restaurant event. Sit there for a few hours over dinner with fellow cachers and talk about anything you like. Over time you will learn and remember more and more names and faces. It might not happen right away, but spend enough time around events, and some of them will become friends. I have many new friends met at events, and have cached with several of them. Group night hikes are particularly popular. I would rather be alone in the woods at night than most cities, but many do not feel that way. If someone suggests a group activity, join in. Just keep showing up and get to know as many people as possible.

I can't find a Northeast forum, hence, I'm assuming there isn't one and that is what the argument is about? LOL

Edited by Cr8zyC8tL8dy

I see you found the Mid-Atlantic forum (formerly known as the Northeast forum). I am closing this duplicate thread in favor of the one you started in the correct forum.

Greetings from the west suburbs of Pittsburgh, by the way.