Can't Upgrade eXplorist GC New Software Update

I am running 1.8 and I wanted to upgrade to 2.15. I downloaded the update and when I go to install it says: "not a valid Win32 application." I even tried running as admin. Nothing works. :angry:

What operating system are you running? Windows XP SP1, SP2 SP3; Vista; Windows 7; Windows 8 and is it a 32 or 64 bit version?

Also, have to tried downloading the update again to see if the file was corrupted in the download process?

David

Magellan Insider/Beta Tester

I am running 1.8 and I wanted to upgrade to 2.15. I downloaded the update and when I go to install it says: "not a valid Win32 application." I even tried running as admin. Nothing works. :angry:

What operating system are you running? Windows XP SP1, SP2 SP3; Vista; Windows 7; Windows 8 and is it a 32 or 64 bit version?

Also, have to tried downloading the update again to see if the file was corrupted in the download process?

David

Magellan Insider/Beta Tester

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit. I did download the upgrade 3 times and all 3 times, same message!

I've had no luck upgrading using the Apple Mac version, I get an error box with the message: 'Incorrect GPS device connected for this upgrade!'

I've downloaded the upgrade twice and the same error message pops up.

Has anyone had any luck updating the GC software using a Mac?

Thanks.

I've had no luck upgrading using the Apple Mac version, I get an error box with the message: 'Incorrect GPS device connected for this upgrade!'

I've downloaded the upgrade twice and the same error message pops up.

Has anyone had any luck updating the GC software using a Mac?

Thanks.

I just spoke to Magellan, and they informed me that if you have 1.8 software, it cannot be upgraded to 2.15 and they are replacing my brand new one for free with a newer version. Can't beat that!

I just spoke to Magellan, and they informed me that if you have 1.8 software, it cannot be upgraded to 2.15 and they are replacing my brand new one for free with a newer version. Can't beat that!

That's interesting consider 1.8 is completely identical to 1.7 except for the version number. (only newer GC had 1.8 and Magellan never offered 1.8 to the public). I wonder if the updater thinks 1.8 is an invalid version and won't update the unit.

There are ways I know for sure where you could get ver 2.15 on it but if Magellan told you to send it back, send it back and get a new one.

That's interesting consider 1.8 is completely identical to 1.7 except for the version number. (only newer GC had 1.8 and Magellan never offered 1.8 to the public). I wonder if the updater thinks 1.8 is an invalid version and won't update the unit.

There are ways I know for sure where you could get ver 2.15 on it but if Magellan told you to send it back, send it back and get a new one.

I've definitely got version 1.7 and it won't update for me.

Odd. It is brand new already, lol. I just got it on Wednesday! So... I'm waiting to see if I have to return this one, which I suspect that I do.

I had the same problem, but then I downloaded Vantage Point from the Magellan website and when I connected my GC it came up saying there was an update and installed it automatically for me. Maybe give that a shot?

I had the same problem, but then I downloaded Vantage Point from the Magellan website and when I connected my GC it came up saying there was an update and installed it automatically for me. Maybe give that a shot?

I'll try that, easier than swapping since the unit is literally brand new, never used!

I'll try that, easier than swapping since the unit is literally brand new, never used!

Didn't work. Tried a few times. Still says firmware is 1.8 and no prompt to upgrade it.