Cannot Print Maps! Help!

egroeg38

I have always been able to print a map on geocaching.com from my Mac. Now only about 1/4 of the map will load and that is all I see in print preview and that is all that will print. However, I CAN print a map from my PC so it seems to me that there is a browser issue. Anyone else having this issue? I can take a screen shot on my Mac and print from there but I have never had to do this before all this trouble started with the maps.

I posted yesterday but did not get any replies. I cannot print maps from my Mac. Here is a screen shot of what the map looks like when printed (look at the center of the shot for the print preview.)

My linkScreen shot of my Mac

I can print about the top 2 inches of what is showing on my screen. I have tried everything. This is a new issue so I am wondering if it is me or a Safari issue. The maps print fine from my PC.

I also use a MAC [OSX 10.6.8] and Safari [5.1.9]. I hadn't tried to to print directly from the site for a long time due to the inconsistency of the results I was getting at the time. I now take a screen shot of the specific areas I need and save them as a PDF for printing. Tonight after reading the above post I gave it a try and got about 10% of the map along the top edge.

I have always been able to print a map on geocaching.com from my Mac. Now only about 1/4 of the map will load and that is all I see in print preview and that is all that will print. However, I CAN print a map from my PC so it seems to me that there is a browser issue. Anyone else having this issue? I can take a screen shot on my Mac and print from there but I have never had to do this before all this trouble started with the maps.

This is a real issue. I still cannot print maps from my Mac using Safari. I have tried both Google and Leafmaps to no avail. I posted this issue to Groundspeak through their help center several days ago and just heard back last night. "Hello George, Thank you for contacting us. I found this thread regarding your problem. https://github.com/apneadiving/Google-Maps-for Rails/issues/105 Let me know, if that helps. Best Regards, Annika Community Manager"

None of the solutions I found in this thread has worked for me. I am starting to wonder if it is related to Java and the latest update from Apple. It seems to me that I could always print maps before this latest "fix." BUT, this also started at the same time that Groundspeak was having major problems with maps so I am not sure. Anyone else notice if this started after the latest Java update?

I use Google Chrome as my main browser. I have always had blank stripes in my maps, but I could get by. Lately I can only see a half inch of map at the top of the page. However, when I go to Internet Explorer browser I can get a full map. I think it is because Google maps is no longer suported by Geocaching.com because Google wants them to pay as a high-volume user. I'm not sure if this is the reason, but I can print a map when using Internet Explorer. It is a pain to go over to that browser - and it is super slow compared to Google Chrome.

I too have this problem with printing maps from my Mac. I can only print a thin strip of the desired map and it's not enough to be useful. This is a fairly recent problem for me since up until a few weeks ago I was able to print maps from my Mac without any issues. I can print from a PC but it is not convenient to do so since I don't own a PC. I use Safari as a browser. I haven't yet tried to print screen shots of the desired map so I will try that until I find a solution. Any suggested fixes would be greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately, the fix for this issue did not make it into the current development cycle. It is hoped that we can get it in the next two-week sprint that begins today. In the meantime, a work-around is to try printing from another browser.

Is there any news on this? Maps still don't print properly from Safari.