Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
Tante.Hossi

Group Vote: Waymark approved although it was declined

Hello Officers!

Yesterday I have discovered a strange behavior at Waymarking:

In one of my categories I have started a group vote for one submitted waymark.

I voted with 'nay' to decline it.

I was the only officer who voted. None of the 3 other officers voted. (Shame on them!)

After the period for voting has ended, the waymark was automatically APPROVED!

There was only one vote with 'nay' and no vote with 'yea' but the waymark was approved.

This is not what I would expect!

Is this a regular behavior? Or is it a bug?

I have never discoverd it befrore - but I may have even never took a look at it.

Do other officers know such behavior? Is this new or has it been always in this way?

Is this the way we want it?

I have not noticed this before. One Nay of one vote is clearly not supposed to be an approval. I consider this a bug.

I forget to vote sometimes, even if I call the vote. That happens.

I had this problem a few times. In these cases I reevaluate the Waymark, decline it and send the result of the vote with the decline.

I will say by 10 votes this problem is perhaps one time.

I forget to vote sometimes, even if I call the vote. That happens.

I had this problem a few times. In these cases I reevaluate the Waymark, decline it and send the result of the vote with the decline.

I will say by 10 votes this problem is perhaps one time.

???

Did you mean this happens only sometimes? Not every time?

This would be even more stange than expected.

???

Did you mean this happens only sometimes? Not every time?

This would be even more stange than expected.

Yes, sometimes I wondered why the voted Waymark was accepted, although the result would be a decline. But as i said before it only happend seldom. I'll look in some 'Past Activities' if I could find some of these cases.

Maybe it depends on the issue that the group vote hasn't finished within the time period of 3 days, because not 50% of the officers voted.

Some examples:

"Initial Vote Comment: [none]

[yea] This one works.

[nay] Petty but the name needs to be changed to fit the category requirements before I can give it a yes vote. Other than that I see it fitting.

[nay] For me, shooting is not funny."

-> http://www.Waymarking.com/waymarks/WMG2YE_Shoot_at_the_enemy_combatant_of_your_choice_LaPorte_TX

WMG2YE

-----

[nay] I'm concerned about how many of these are available as we all have not seen them before and I travel a lot.

[yea] Can I get a clarification as to whether it's OK to vote for your own waymark submission? I see that you cannot for promotion or dismissal - so I'll abstain if this includes submissions as well. TY, M12

[nay] No action seems to be involved.

-> http://www.Waymarking.com/waymarks/WMCAJA_Raucous_Roadside_Roosters

WMCAJA

-----

This one is VERY interesting:

Two NAYs no Yea and it was approved by the system!

[nay] Just standing in the creek doesn't seem like action to me. Need to actually do something in the creek to get my vote.

[nay] I think that having the goal restricted to moving water will be unenforceable. Even in your photo it is unclear whether you are in a pond or a creek. Perhaps something a little more challenging than just getting your feet wet would make a more interesting photo goal... M12"

-> http://www.Waymarking.com/waymarks/WMCT62_In_the_Creek

WMCT62

-----

[nay] No action involved."

-> http://www.Waymarking.com/waymarks/WMAWXM_Odometre_123456_Odometer

WMAWXM

-----

Perhaps it has someting to do if there is no 'Initial Vote Comment'?

Really strange!

Perhaps this is the solution:

Sometimes I vote 'abstain' and write no comment. My abstain vote doesn't appear in the vote result. If I wrote a comment, the [Abstain] vote appears. If this should be equal with NAY and YEA it could be that we don't see the NAYs, YEAs if no comment was made.

Or the Abstain counts as YEA and the Waymarkers often write no comment if they vote Abstain and so the Abstains are not on the result list.

Perhaps it has someting to do if there is no 'Initial Vote Comment'?

NO! This is not the reason. I have written an Initial Vote Comment.

Maybe the empty comments are really the reason if they are not shown. Don't know. Maybe.

If you vote you get this info:

"If you vote 'nay', you must provide a reason. You can optionally provide a comment for 'yea' or 'abstain' votes as well."

So I think the system is working well and it seems only wrong for us, because we don't know how many voted an invisible YEA or ABSTAIN (without a comment).

I created a test Waymark and called a vote for it. I voted YEA without a comment, we will see how the result will be.

If a person votes Yea without a comment then that vote will not be shown when the vote is closed. Thus is in the first example given Tante.Hossi voted no his comment would show but if another officer vote Yea with no comment then the waymark would be approved (tie goes to approval) and it would appear that the waymark was approved will all Nay vote.

If a person votes Yea without a comment then that vote will not be shown when the vote is closed. Thus is in the first example given Tante.Hossi voted no his comment would show but if another officer vote Yea with no comment then the waymark would be approved (tie goes to approval) and it would appear that the waymark was approved will all Nay vote.

So wouldn't it be much better if every vote would be shown in the vote result? If there is no comment, it could say: Yea: -no comment- or Abstain: -no comment-

So wouldn't it be much better if every vote would be shown in the vote result? If there is no comment, it could say: Yea: -no comment- or Abstain: -no comment-

Yes! This would we all expect, wouldn't we?

So please, Groundspeak, add this 'feature'. So everythink will work as expected! :rolleyes:

This would help us officers managing a category!

It is like we thought and Bruce confirmed.

Here is my test Waymark: Approved

Vote results:

"Initial Vote Comment: Test Vote, fi67 please vote NAY without a comment.

I will vote YEA without comment, (flipflopnick YEA without a comment).

[nay] Sorry! I cannot sumbit without a comment."

http://www.Waymarking.com/waymarks/WMGYF8_test

WMGYF8

I will archive the Waymark this evening.

That should be fixed, it's strange if you get a vote result with one NAY and the Waymark is approved.

Rats -- I was going to post a visit to this waymark WMGYF8 before it died :(

poor little WM, a mere test subject, unloved and unvisited :( :( :(

:lol:

Edited by Benchmark Blasterz