Using Expressions

djhobby

Hello, hopefully someone here can help. I can't remember how to do this.

I'm using earwigo to build a cartridge where users collect points along the way. Once the user gets so many points I want the cartridge to complete a Task. I have a Variable built and it gets a Variable Update of so many points every time someone completes certain Tasks. Once that Variable gets over a certain number (in this case 30) I want it to complete a different Task. I assume I have to use an Expression to check that, but I'm having a little trouble wrapping my head around how those work.

Thanks for any help.

DJ

You could use an if/else compare?

Thank you. I kept thinking the if/else compare feature was something I did in the Expression itself. After reading your response I realized the if/else was something I do elsewhere like when entering a zone etc... then have it refer to the Expression.

I was worried this forum was dead. There aren't a lot of places to look for Wherigo help. Earwigo used to have a great forum in Google Groups but I guess that's gone.

Thanks again.

Please continue to use this forum as a help resource. When I see others are actively answering threads, I back off, let that happen, and focus more on my own large Wherigo-related project. If it's a programming question, you're practically guaranteed an answer if you post to this forum.

I've been participating in this forum since it was first made available. It has never been dead. At most, I've seen this place go three days without a post. Recently, the lulls last at most two days, not counting the weekends, when there's usually a noticeable drop because people either switch over to geocaching or are not at work.

Do you mean 2 or more compares and then going on dependig on the value ?

if count>10 and count<=20 then ...

if count>20 and count<=30 then ...

if count>30 then ...

If it is so, you can use this as a function and call it everytimes the player gets 1 or more points.

Do you mean 2 or more compares and then going on dependig on the value ?

if count>10 and count<=20 then ...

if count>20 and count<=30 then ...

if count>30 then ...

If it is so, you can use this as a function and call it everytimes the player gets 1 or more points.

No, not multiple compares. I think I've got a handle on the Expressions now... (cue ominous music) Now I'm just trying to figure out how to fix my player inputs. I might save that problem for another thread. :)