Geocaching run through spell-checker

Guest chrome

Guest chrome

The suggested spelling for geocaching in Outlook is "gloating". I just thought that was humorous. Think about it - gloating is what it's all about isn't it? Who can find it first? Who has the hardest to find? Who has the most finds? Who has placed the most caches, shoot we are even gloating about each of our state's cache statistics! etc.... - Chrome

Guest EraSeek

I think you do have a point there. But you know, you could also call it bragging rights because there IS effort behind each cache and find. You could also say that Geocaching is often latently even blatantly competitive. Not necessarily a bad thing. I must admit I've fell into this at times. I've also run 10 marathons before. Why? For bragging rights? Yeah. But also to meet a tough challenge and prove myself to myself. I think it's called LIVING life.

Guest chrome

It was just a quick thought. I was just going to say what the suggested word was then it struck me that maybe there was something to it and I typed away. I didn't contemplate on it too much. You are correct too - It's an individual challenge. However, I haven't found any yet that I was personally proud of. Not like running a marathon. Congrats, I wouldn't even attempt it.

Guest EraSeek

No, actually I thought your point was revealing! I'm often wondering what draws me in to this so much. And I usually take things a bit too deep. I have done some real challenging caches, bragging rights type things, but I often enjoy some of the simple ones even more. There is a time for up and at them challenges, and a time for just pure fun and enjoyment. - Cache on!