WWFM X Souvenir

So the time for WWFM X is 10:00 Saturday 4/4/13 in California... Right?

I am thinking of attending a WWFM X event, but we're in Australia. There are events happening during the Australian day, but they are not in line with the US, so it kind of defeats the purpose of the WWFM.

However, this event is organized to be held at the same time as the US, or 3:00AM local time 5/4/13(or 4/5/13 for you americans). The thing is, this will already be on the 5th, even though it is in line with the US times.

Will we still get souvenir for attending the event? I think that we should get it, as we are doing it at the same time as the rest of the world is meant to be....

Any thoughts?

I may be wrong, but I think everything is inline with the Date time of the Groundspeak server. So if your Event on the American Date line you should have no problems there. You can check this by looking at the bottom right corner of this page. Date and time now in Germany is 23.04.2013, 12:31. Date and time in bottom right is 23.04.2013, 03:31. That means they are 9 hrs behind Germany.

So the time for WWFM X is 10:00 Saturday 4/4/13 in California... Right?

I am thinking of attending a WWFM X event, but we're in Australia. There are events happening during the Australian day, but they are not in line with the US, so it kind of defeats the purpose of the WWFM.

However, this event is organized to be held at the same time as the US, or 3:00AM local time 5/4/13(or 4/5/13 for you americans). The thing is, this will already be on the 5th, even though it is in line with the US times.

Will we still get souvenir for attending the event? I think that we should get it, as we are doing it at the same time as the rest of the world is meant to be....

Any thoughts?

There's a WWFM X event at 10:00AM Saturday 4/4/13 in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia (but so far I'm the only person to post a log on the listing and it's not a will attend log) and I suspect that quite a few WWFM events won't be simultaneous. I have no idea if you log your event, which takes place on "the 5th" if it will produce the souvenir but you could always try to pre-date your log so that the online log is on the 4th.

I attended a WWFM event last time it occurred in Zurich (enroute to Africa) and coincidentlly I'll be enroute to Addis this time but will be on a plane at the time of the Addis event.

I could predate the log, and that is what I thought was the most obvious reason. For statistical reasons though, I would prefer to put the correct date as the log date.

Can one ask contact@geocaching.com to apply it and state the reason for it not being there already?

Or can a lackey answer this?

I can't go to an event on the Saturday, and even if I could, it wouldn't be at the same time as the FM in the US, so it kind of defeats the purpose of wwfm.

I could predate the log, and that is what I thought was the most obvious reason. For statistical reasons though, I would prefer to put the correct date as the log date.

Can one ask contact@geocaching.com to apply it and state the reason for it not being there already?

I can't go to an event on the Saturday, and even if I could, it wouldn't be at the same time as the FM in the US, so it kind of defeats the purpose of wwfm.

No need to worry this year! Sandy from the Podcacher Teams (Organizers of the WWFM Events) cleared that up in this post.

This year, the souvenir will be awarded as soon as anyone logs an "attended" log on any event on the official bookmark list. There is no requirement that the logging must be done within a certain number of days. This will make it much easier on event hosts and all the attendees.

Nice. BTW: if you happen to be in Germany on the 4th of May... why not try this WWFM Event: GC44DYM :D

Greets,

RaNa2009

No need to worry this year! Sandy from the Podcacher Teams (Organizers of the WWFM Events) cleared that up in this post.

This year, the souvenir will be awarded as soon as anyone logs an "attended" log on any event on the official bookmark list. There is no requirement that the logging must be done within a certain number of days. This will make it much easier on event hosts and all the attendees.

Nice. BTW: if you happen to be in Germany on the 4th of May... why not try this WWFM Event: GC44DYM :D

Greets,

RaNa2009

Thanks for the info... That's what I was looking for.

I would've come, but I won't be in Germany :)

Thanks anyway,

Condorito

Greets,

RaNa2009

And for completeness, here's the Bookmark which contains the complete list of "official" WWFM X events: Podcachers WWFM Bookmark

Greets,

RaNa2009

And for completeness, here's the Bookmark which contains the complete list of "official" WWFM X events: Podcachers WWFM Bookmark

I was having a look at the bookmark list. it doesn't have the WWFM event i'm thinking of going to. Perhaps this is because it is on the next day?

Is there a way to let them know to add it? The event in question is this one :What Time?

Any ideas?

The owner of the bookmark list (FluteFace) and Sandy from Podcacher.com have resolved this issue:

My apologies for the mixup. The event has been added to the bookmark list.

Thanks for your patience,

Flutey

So happy flashmobbing, enjoy your souvenir and have fun - as we will on our side of the world :D

Greets,

RaNa2009

The owner of the bookmark list (FluteFace) and Sandy from Podcacher.com have resolved this issue:

My apologies for the mixup. The event has been added to the bookmark list.

Thanks for your patience,

Flutey

So happy flashmobbing, enjoy your souvenir and have fun - as we will on our side of the world :D

Greets,

RaNa2009

Thanks for that! i'm still trying to convince my Mum :(, but hopefully i'll make it.

Thanks again

Condorito