Latitude 47 Polls

I was having a look at blog.geocaching.com today, and noticed that the polls are slightly outdated...

Has anyone else noticed? Can GS update or remove them?

Here's the one i saw today:

IMG_1103.png

I think you are totally ms-understanding what you think you are reading. While I think it's stupid, its not outdated. One of the few things Groundspeak has correctly stood by is that Geocaching is NOT a competition, though many cachers refuse to accept that.

I would be more interested to see Groundspeak fix the site so it would actually be able to handle a new record number of accounts logging finds, without dragging the site down to a standstill. I suspect we won't be reading about that problem in Latitude 47 any time soon.

I was having a look at blog.geocaching.com today, and noticed that the polls are slightly outdated...

Has anyone else noticed? Can GS update or remove them?

Here's the one i saw today:

IMG_1103.png

I think you are totally ms-understanding what you think you are reading. While I think it's stupid, its not outdated. One of the few things Groundspeak has correctly stood by is that Geocaching is NOT a competition, though many cachers refuse to accept that.

I would be more interested to see Groundspeak fix the site so it would actually be able to handle a new record number of accounts logging finds, without dragging the site down to a standstill. I suspect we won't be reading about that problem in Latitude 47 any time soon.

Hey, i think you are misunderstanding what i am saying :)

I'm saying that the poll refer to should we(future) on 11-11-11(2yrs ago). This poll is not relevant anymore. I'm not saying its a competition or anything like that...

I am also interested in seeing feature updates. I was just mentioning that this is 2013 and i saw a poll on the blog relating to 2011...

That is all.

Hope its clearer now :)

The poll is asking should we (in 2013) break the record set on 11-11-11.

my bad lol :)

sorry...

if they had put 'set' before 'on 11-11-11' i would have gotten it...

Anyway,

My bad...

GC Poll : Should the geocaching community attempt to break the record again for 'accounts logging caches in a single day' on 11-11-11?

I agree with your initial reading... On 11-11-11 is outside the single quotes, which makes that the day of the attempt to break the record mentioned inside the single quotes. Thus it is two years old.

It is asking about another try to break the record mentioned on a specific day.

Positioning of the single quotes is important here... but only to the meaning.

Perhaps they meant to change the date yearly?

Doug 7rxc

The poll is asking should we (in 2013) break the record set on 11-11-11.

my bad lol :)

sorry...

if they had put 'set' before 'on 11-11-11' i would have gotten it...

Anyway,

My bad...

GC Poll : Should the geocaching community attempt to break the record again for 'accounts logging caches in a single day' on 11-11-11?

I agree with your initial reading... On 11-11-11 is outside the single quotes, which makes that the day of the attempt to break the record mentioned inside the single quotes. Thus it is two years old.

It is asking about another try to break the record mentioned on a specific day.

Positioning of the single quotes is important here... but only to the meaning.

Perhaps they meant to change the date yearly?

Doug 7rxc

That is what i thought... I don't feel so silly anymore :)