NEW GEOCOIN- GEOCACHING the PONY EXPRESS TRAIL

mo pirate

0c69f8e9-174f-431b-9e6e-2d376523b04b.jpga64ad227-441a-4832-8a01-d5ad93b610b0.jpg

Well these are kinda along the order of the Appalachian Trail geocoins from a few years ago. Since I have the GC1PRHM Challenge, it was a natural for me to make these coins. We still need a bunch of cachers to complete my challenge but in the mean time you can at least view the new geocoins. Again, I am a HISTORY BUFF so here is a sample for you to see. There will be 8 different coins in the set with the horse and rider side being the same on each of the different state coins. I appreciate your comments. They are out for quote presently.

If you do an artist's edition, I would be very interested

:D

0c69f8e9-174f-431b-9e6e-2d376523b04b.jpga64ad227-441a-4832-8a01-d5ad93b610b0.jpg

Well these are kinda along the order of the Appalachian Trail geocoins from a few years ago. Since I have the GC1PRHM Challenge, it was a natural for me to make these coins. We still need a bunch of cachers to complete my challenge but in the mean time you can at least view the new geocoins. Again, I am a HISTORY BUFF so here is a sample for you to see. There will be 8 different coins in the set with the horse and rider side being the same on each of the different state coins. I appreciate your comments. They are out for quote presently.

It would be nice if the coins actually indicated they are 1 of 8, 2 of 8, etc. Once the sales point ends and time passes how will anyone tell how many versions there are?

Seeing all 8 side-by-side, front only, can't they be confused as being 'just another of the same coin'? Yes, I realize changing the artwork for each front side causes more in die fees, but without it, it leaves collectors of the future in some state of confusion.

Maybe the "1 of 8" could be on the state side of the coin where the other state details of mileage and stations are located. At least it would clarify part of the future questions on versions.

Nice idea. I imagine there will be a 'set' price ... ?

I imagine I will put the 1 of 8 (etc) in the name of the coin so as each coin will know which one it is without having it stamped on the coin itself. As far as the "Set" pricing- It is what I would want to do to give someone a break for buying them all. Not necessary to buy them all as I will offer each one individually but for me I would want the whole set. With one die being the same for all, I hope it helps the cost of the coins so they can be offered at a resonable price. Other than the 3D of the horse and rider, they are not like some of my other extravagant shapes or styles (Titanic comes to mind)! I am sure each of the geocachers who have finished the GC1PRHM challenge would like the set! More cachers should finish it so they too would more appreciate the ownership of this set!

GEOCACHING the PONY EXPRESS TRAIL 1/8

GEOCACHING the PONY EXPRESS TRAIL 2/8

---------------

Guess that would work well enough.

Do you anticipate more than one finish?

Is there a reply yet to the 'artist edition' question ... :blink:

Will look forward to more info and news !!!

Oh, yeah...these are nice! The fact that the front of the coin is the same for all eight doesn't really bother me - it is the same with the Appalachian Trail coins. I suppose you change the color of the enamel on the front outer edge so each state is a different color. I really like them, anyway, and will definitely get a set. (Perhaps the AE could have the U.S. on the back side, or just the outline of all eight of the states!).

I'm also really interested in the challenge and have put it on our to do list! Love challenge caches, especially when they have some historical value!

Good job on the coins!

Oh, yeah...these are nice! The fact that the front of the coin is the same for all eight doesn't really bother me - it is the same with the Appalachian Trail coins. I suppose you change the color of the enamel on the front outer edge so each state is a different color. I really like them, anyway, and will definitely get a set. (Perhaps the AE could have the U.S. on the back side, or just the outline of all eight of the states!).

I'm also really interested in the challenge and have put it on our to do list! Love challenge caches, especially when they have some historical value!

Good job on the coins!

AND yes you get your (caching) name engraved on the plaque of CHALLENGE COMPLETERS that actually hangs in the Pony Express Stables Museum (St Joseph, MO)lobby!

GEOCACHING the PONY EXPRESS TRAIL 1/8

GEOCACHING the PONY EXPRESS TRAIL 2/8

---------------

Guess that would work well enough.

Do you anticipate more than one finish?

Is there a reply yet to the 'artist edition' question ... :blink:

Pony Express Trail MO 1/8

Pony Express Trail KS 2/8

etc

Yes I am getting blueprints done in several finishes so I can see what is what. Probably a RE, LE and an AE in diminishing quantities.

Will look forward to more info and news !!!

Good job on the coins!

AND yes you get your (caching) name engraved on the plaque of CHALLENGE COMPLETERS that actually hangs in the Pony Express Stables Museum (St Joseph, MO)lobby!

7f7ef5ea-3f67-4904-9ea7-8604625ca7f6.jpg

Good job on the coins!

7f7ef5ea-3f67-4904-9ea7-8604625ca7f6.jpg

Nice! :)

Good job on the coins!

OK, these are kinda getting a slight overhaul so they will be different in appearance. Steben6 wins again! I will get different colors to represent each state. I am also trying to replace one side of the redundant "Geocaching the Pony Express Trail" with a special design. STAY TUNED!

Good job on the coins!

OK, these are kinda getting a slight overhaul so they will be different in appearance. Steben6 wins again! I will get different colors to represent each state. I am also trying to replace one side of the redundant "Geocaching the Pony Express Trail" with a special design. STAY TUNED!

+1 :)

WOW! Looks like I may have these sets of 8 coins available at geocoinfest after all. I am sure everyone will want at least one set! 3 different finishes. Now if they really show up tomorrow!

Just a little math here ....

500+ attendees at a mega event.

8 coins per set

'everyone' will buy at least ONE set

3 finishes available

WOW ... then you'll be bringing about 12,000 Pony Express coins to GCF Vegas. ??? O M G ... :blink:

How many sales rooms have you reserved ... ??? :yikes:

WOW! Looks like I may have these sets of 8 coins available at geocoinfest after all. I am sure everyone will want at least one set! 3 different finishes. Now if they really show up tomorrow!

Just a little math here ....

500+ attendees at a mega event.

8 coins per set

'everyone' will buy at least ONE set

3 finishes available

WOW ... then you'll be bringing about 12,000 Pony Express coins to GCF Vegas. ??? O M G ... :blink:

How many sales rooms have you reserved ... ??? :yikes:

All of them! LOL

Prices?

yes, prices.

thanks for asking!

Regular edition is Antique Silver and sell for $10 each coin or $75 for the set which also includes a p-tag.(only 80 sets of each made)

Limited Edition is Antique Copper and sells for $90.00 set (with p-tag)(only 20 sets minted.)

Artist Edition is Antique Gold and is $120 set (with p-tag)with only 10 sets minted.

So now you know and shipping is $2.50 in US shipping per coin with a set sent priority box at $8 per. I can probably get up to 3 sets in a small box.

thanks,

MO Pirate

Just look me up at Geocoinfest as I will not be able to mail any until I get home. I am leaving bright and early Sat morn! This will save you shipping!

Edited by mo pirate

Good job on the coins!

+1 :)

OK, so how many sets of what finish do you want?? I also have a geocoinfest coin for you and a hat coin too!

Very cool - would love to know more about the pricing once you get it.

Regular edition is Antique Silver and sell for $10 each coin or $75 for the set which also includes a p-tag.(only 80 sets of each made)

Limited Edition is Antique Copper and sells for $90.00 set (with p-tag)(only 20 sets minted.)

Artist Edition is Antique Gold and is $120 set (with p-tag)with only 10 sets minted.

So now you know and shipping is $2.50 in US shipping per coin with a set sent priority box at $8 per. I can probably get up to 3 sets in a small box.

thanks,

MO Pirate

These are on a facebook CYBER MONDAY sale notice with a set of RE silver for $69 with p-tag. Also is the Antique Copper set for $84 with p-tag. If you haven't got them yet now is your chance (Steben 6)to do so!

Guess I forgot to mention the free shipping in the US goes along with this sale!!!!

These are on a facebook CYBER MONDAY sale notice with a set of RE silver for $69 with p-tag. Also is the Antique Copper set for $84 with p-tag. If you haven't got them yet now is your chance (Steben 6)to do so!

Guess I forgot to mention the free shipping in the US goes along with this sale!!!!

I am intersted in these coins but do not know how to find you (where to buy)on Facebook?

I am intersted in these coins but do not know how to find you (where to buy)on Facebook?

packerbacker31@hotmail.com

I still have several of the RE edition of all states in Antique Silver. I also have a few sets of Antique Copper LE Editions. I might have one or two more Artist edition Antique Gold Sets. If you are interested, please let me know as soon as possible. Here are the prices.

So now you know and shipping is $2.50 in US shipping per coin with a set sent priority box at $8 per. I can probably get up to 3 sets in a small box for the $8.

thanks,

MO Pirate

the LE Antique Copper is shown here-

fc4948d3-9a69-4e9e-8430-657879af8611.jpg