does the sender get my email inquiry?

captnemo

As the requirement for my virtual cache the finder is to send me answers by email which most do the same day as the find.

Some times there is a delay of a few days after the find is logged, so I send the finder an inquiry by replying to the email I got claiming the find. Does the finder get this email or is it just going to Groundspeak?

Should I go to the finders profile and send my inquiry from there?

It will go to the sender. And it will go to Groundspeak. It depends. When you send an email through here you get the option of sending your address with it. That means if you check the box, someone can reply to you from that email. If you do NOT check it and someone replies, it will go to never-neverland. (It shows as something like noreply@geocaching.com) You can always start to reply and look at the email address you're sending it to, or you can just go to their profile(Which you may have to do anyways) and send the email from there, and know for sure it goes to the user.

Now if they read it or not is another story.

...I send the finder an inquiry by replying to the email I got claiming the find.

Just to be clear, you're saying you reply to the "[LOG] Owner: [Cacher name] found School Dazs (Virtual Cache)" email?

Those emails are sent from the "noreply@geocaching.com" address. Any emails sent to that address are ignored. If you're replying to those emails, your replies are vanishing into the ether, never to be seen by anyone. If you need to contact someone, you have to do it through their profile.