Indicate corrected coordinates on map

ratjam

When looking at an area on the geocaching map page, it would be very helpful to have some indication of which caches you have entered corrected coordinates for. Also helpful would be to relocate the cache symbol to those corrected coordinates.

In the same way that your found caches show up with a smiley symbol or disabled caches show up with a grey background on the symbol, caches where you have added corrected coordinates could show - for example - a green background.

The reason for the suggestion is this. When I plan to go to an area, I usually like to solve as many puzzles in the area as I can. This could take days or weeks. Each time I go to that area on the geocaching map, I filter on puzzles, then want to open those I have not solved, to start working on them. It would be helpful to have those I already solved hilighted, so I do not need to reopen them.

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:46 PM

An upcoming release will extend the corrected coordinates to PQs, the API, the beta map, and the large map on the cache page.

What year do you want to bet the 'upcoming release' will occur?

:back:

Pretty sad!