Statistics

w00dduck

How long does it take for the Difficulty/Terrian graph on your profile to update.

Iv found and logged serveral caches and the grid has not updated.

Do I need to do something manually??? I have logged off and on /also refreashed page to no avail.

Im I at the mercy of Groundspeak??

Thanks for any assistance or info

At the top of your statistics page, there should be big button that says "Refresh Statistics now. Last updated: ***" The stars would be the last time you updated it.

It sometimes will refresh on its own, in which it will say that it was refreshed less than a minute ago. If you can't click the button, then they are up to date

Edited by FMT15

At the top of your statistics page, there should be big button that says "Refresh Statistics now. Last updated: ***" The stars would be the last time you updated it.

It sometimes will refresh on its own, in which it will say that it was refreshed less than a minute ago. If you can't click the button, then they are up to date

Thanks for the info. I must have missed the button you reference. The only 'Buttons" I see are the Basic, Maps, and Milestones.

Ill keep looking.

Thanks

It depends on how you're accessing your stats. Click your name in the top right corner of the website, and your profile will come up. You have a "Quick view" list of links that are in your profile.

I am NOT talking about the tabs you see when you click "Your Public Profile."

In that "Quick view" list you have a link for Statistics. That statistics page will either have just recently been updated or will have a button allowing you to update your stats.

stats_zps7119a2d6.jpg

How long does it take for the Difficulty/Terrian graph on your profile to update.

Do I need to do something manually??? I have logged off and on /also refreashed page to no avail.

Keep in mind this is an average and it is done automatically. The hampsters don't figure it out for themselves. The more finds you have, the more it will take to make any change. You have nearly 1,000 finds, so even finding 2 or 3 terrain 5 caches might not be enough to change your number.

I wish I were smart enough to develop a spreadsheet that could tell me the D/T of, say, the the last 200 caches or the past two months. Short of deleting all the stupid micros I found during my first few years of caching, I'm probably never going to see my D/T averages change.

It depends on how you're accessing your stats. Click your name in the top right corner of the website, and your profile will come up. You have a "Quick view" list of links that are in your profile.

I am NOT talking about the tabs you see when you click "Your Public Profile."

In that "Quick view" list you have a link for Statistics. That statistics page will either have just recently been updated or will have a button allowing you to update your stats.

stats_zps7119a2d6.jpg

Thank you sir. A picture is worth a thousand words lol

I see now that maybe that's not what you were talking about. Sorry. Still, if you can keep that terrain rating average over 2 you're doing good...

For sure took me a couple of weeks to get my avg up to 2. I had to look for >4 terrian caches and let a bunch of easy ones go.

It seems that if you want your T number high you need search for only high terrain caches early on.

Thanks again for the info.

I wish I were smart enough to develop a spreadsheet that could tell me the D/T of, say, the last 200 caches or the past two months. Short of deleting all the stupid micros I found during my first few years of caching, I'm probably never going to see my D/T averages change.

Actually, you can develop the spreadsheet pretty easy by using GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife). In GSAK create a My Finds or Statistics database. In geocaching.com fun the MY Finds query. Open the My Finds file in GSAK in the database you defined. In GSAK click on Search then click on Filter. In the Set Filter pop-up click on the Dates tab. Then locate Date found by me then click on the small triangle to open the drop-down box. Select the criteria you want then the dates. After that go to the bottom of the page and click on Go.

This should result in a list of your criteria. Next, click on File, move your cursor of Export then highlight CSV or TXT... In the Export CSV or TXT File box that appears click on the file folder to the right of the File Name input box. Select Desktop (for simplicity) then in the File Name box name the file and click Open. Now click Generate.

Open excel or other spreadsheet and click on Open. Then open the file you saved to the Desktop as Text Delimited. Now you should have your spreadsheet. Delete the columns you don't want. The columns do not have titles but they will be set up in the same order as the columns are in GSAK. You can actually set up a View in GSAK for just the columns you want export, but that's another tutorial.

One in the spreadsheet, the sky's the limit.

Good luck and happy caching