Geocaching.com site Extremely slow

Fiver1

Just now, WadeH said:

Seems like it will work for a page or two, then ... waiting for literally minutes for a page to load - IF it loads.  Then you may get a page or two to load again before the next down time.

Exactly.... that's what I am seeing.

• Upvote 1

12;20 EDT Trying to download a PQ with cachly and it sat at 10 network request ....forever.  Anyone else see this? Canceled. logged out and logged back into GC no real help there....about 15-20 min total finally got 90% down.  Sitting at 1 network request now. Pictures who knows what will happen there. Email may be the best option.

Strange problem, isn't it? This issue starts about two or three weeks ago with the implementation of the Carneval Souvenirs. Each time the had such a collection hype the site slows down.

At the moment a even get server 500 error!! I'm going to open a ticket!

2019-04-22_11-56-03.jpg

2 minutes ago, Keystone said:

HQ staff is aware of the issue.  Bear in mind that it is 4:00 a.m. in Seattle at the moment

So anyone in the rest of the world has to wait until someone in Seattle has had their breakfast before things get fixed. You are a global company, act like it!

• Upvote 4
2 minutes ago, WinningMs said:

So anyone in the rest of the world has to wait until someone in Seattle has had their breakfast before things get fixed. You are a global company, act like it!

I did not say that; engineering staff is on call 24/7.  I simply reminded you of the time difference.

• Upvote 2
8 minutes ago, Keystone said:

HQ staff is aware of the issue.  Bear in mind that it is 4:00 a.m. in Seattle at the moment.

Again with the computer problems. Bear in mind the website problems have been continuing for days. There has been plenty of time to address the issues.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, joemanzh said:

Strange problem, isn't it? This issue starts about two or three weeks ago with the implementation of the Carneval Souvenirs.

Yep, problem reported  22 days ago . and has persisted every weekend since. Hardly surprising it has happened over this Easter weekend too, even with the souvenir 'moment' over.

There are going to be a LOT of very annoyed paying customers....

3 minutes ago, T@baluga said:

Infrastructure is it not, service level is going lower and lower ......

I don't agree that it is going lower because the situation in previous years has been about the same. If I remember correctly, there was a time period when the system lagged every day at the same rush hours.

When will the site be running back to normal speed, it has been slow for days now and it is now virtually at a stand still, it has taken over 3 hours to log 5 caches. The site is continually being interrupted and coming up as an error and you have to start all over again. I have given up trying to upload a photo to the cache pages.

This is frustrating (has been painfully slow all day here). We (at least, a huge number of us) are paying for this service. It would be nice to see an update as to what's being done to improve this frequently poor performance. I've noticed that Sundays are normally slow and it seems to be affecting more and more days. 

Hi 

In Poland I found out that website is very low from today. It seemed to be okay for me couple days before. I was going on a geotrail today and I Had a lot of problems with being log out from my android app. Hope they will repair it soon.

Greetings and sorry for my bad english

48 minutes ago, Mike Fitz said:

Not for me, I can't get any GC.com pages to open at this point.  "Waiting for available socket...". 

This may be quite interesting if it is the root cause for these problems. How did you get this message?

8 minutes ago, arisoft said:

This may be quite interesting if it is the root cause for these problems. How did you get this message?

In Chrome it's the status message in the lower left corner. Sometimes it's the standard "Waiting for geocaching.com..." but when trying to open a cache page it's been showing "Waiting for available socket..."

Just in case the rest of the world thought we'd be off the hook, now that we're awake in the U.S., we've discovered that it's painfully slow for us, too. I'm glad I logged yesterday's caches right away while things were still relatively sprightly.

It's seem to be Groundhog day again because the site crashed last year at Easter too...

I was hoping being on the other side of the pond this time would help to be able to do some geocaching before US wakes up but no so much luck again this year I had to cut short after a couple.

With the fact that lab caches are now only on the app that didn't help by increasing the load on the system.

I am amazed that nobody at Groundspeak forecast that extra load this year of ALC and the habitual extra load of Easter would overload and crash the system.

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, WinningMs said:

WOW! I mean, its geocaching. Some people went to church this weekend and got blown to bits.

Lets have a little perspective as to whats truly important in life and what isn't.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, RocTheCacheBox said:

WOW! I mean, its geocaching. Some people went to church this weekend and got blown to bits.

Lets have a little perspective as to whats truly important in life and what isn't. 

There are people getting killed pretty much every hour somewhere in the world, so by your reasoning nobody should be complaining about anything ever.

That's not how the world works.

• Upvote 1
56 minutes ago, MartyBartfast said:

There are people getting killed pretty much every hour somewhere in the world, so by your reasoning nobody should be complaining about anything ever.

That's not how the world works.

Most here have posted a complaint and done so constructively. Even indicating what issues they were having.   

The particular post I quoted struck me as rather demanding.  In no way whatsoever was I reasoning that no one should be complaining ever. Only hoping to put a minor problem it in perspective for someone.

But I should know not everyone complains in a civil manner.

That's not how the world works either.

By the way. My access today and over the weekend has been a little slow but manageable.

• Upvote 1

Not sure whether it helps the tech team or not, but when I submit a found it log on a cache and mark it as a favourite, the page never loads.  But oddly enough, when I go back to the map and click on the cache it shows everything like the log submitted properly.  

A found it log without a favourite would submit and go to the "log submitted" page perfectly fine.