How dumb can I be?

jhwf44

At least you found the cache, and survived to tell about it.

However, in my opinion, you gave way too much detail in your log about the cache. Too many spoilers. Most cache placers would be quite peeved to set up a particularly difficult cache, only to have the first finder give away a lot of details regarding how to navigate from point to point, or what type of terrain the cache is or isn't in. Since it's not my cache, I can't tell you what is appropriate, but if it were my cache, I'd either encrypt the whole log, or more likely, delete it and ask you to relog without so many details.

Again, this is just one cacher's opinion.

Glad you had a good time. Happy caching!

25021_1200.gif

If I was you , I might reconsider taking dad on the next adventure! (or if he does come along and then insists that the cache must be on a ledge half way down a steep cliff - let him check it out!) icon_wink.gif

You may not agree with what I say, but I will defend, to your death, my right to say it!(it's a Joke, OK!)

[This message was edited by seneca on July 27, 2002 at 06:39 PM.]

[This message was edited by seneca on July 27, 2002 at 06:40 PM.]

If I was you , I might reconsider taking dad on the next adventure! (or if he does come along and then insists that the cache must be on a ledge half way down a steep cliff - let him check it out!) icon_wink.gif

You may not agree with what I say, but I will defend, to your death, my right to say it!(it's a Joke, OK!)

[This message was edited by seneca on July 27, 2002 at 06:39 PM.]

[This message was edited by seneca on July 27, 2002 at 06:40 PM.]

I did something similar here this weekend:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=28888

All I had was the coordinates and the numbers for the math clue. I didn't have the info about using the trail. My GPSr pointed seemingly back out of the park and across two major roads. We shrugged, drove as close as we could, and ended up in a (much less hostile) swamp behind some apartments. Weren't prepared for that terrain, and short on time, we gave up. Only after rereading the description did we learn our mistake.

It was a perfect example of why you shouldn't assume a straight line is best.