Wherigo cartridge installer for Android

sansegot

I was thinking about developing an Android app which would enable a user to find, download and install a Wherigo cartridge on their phones, without the need to connect the phone to the PC. This is a really importan feature, which is missing in WhereYouGo player for Android.

So I had a look at the Geocaching.com public API. What I discovered is that it's limited to www.geocaching.com data - you can't access www.Wherigo.com

One solution would be to create an app which instead of using the API reads the data directly from the Wherigo web page, parses it and makes it phone friendly. This however violates the Groundspeak terms of use, which makes it pretty much a mission impossible.

Is there another way one could get this data without violating any terms of use?

I've considered replying to this when it was initially posted. I also know this has been tempting for a few others who know what's happening.

Suffice it to say the Wherigo developer community should have this covered by the end of the year. Once I'm able to discuss everything within the proper context without hurting what has been going on, I will. It's partly a waiting game with Groundspeak at the moment.

I don't want to lose someone who is capable and interested in building a Wherigo-related app, though.