What does your geocaching map look like?

This is what my area looks like - I suck at puzzles - do you see what I have to work with??? We've found almost 60 so far but too many puzzles around here

Cache_zps6be4ef09.png

I wouldn't call that too many puzzles at all- I'm not a huge fan of them either, but then I moved to Europe where I often lack the language/ cultural background to boot. <_<

As an example just do a simple map search for your favorite German city- traditionals are less than half the caches usually. :blink:

Don't know if anyone has pointed this out -- been looking at maps, not reading much -- but for newer Windows machines, the snipping tool (loom in your accessories folder) is much, much, much more convenient than print screen -- you can crop what you want, and it will save it as a graphic file, not just copy it to your clipboard.

Our current map (Montgomery, Alabama):

009e85e2-250a-4707-8d5b-777663729f0b.png

My temporary map for the summer (Huntsville, Alabama):

06c1b377-50b3-4450-9c52-09e75ef6061f.png

And what will be our home map come this September (Lawton, Oklahoma):

a70846a6-11be-4706-9fed-0ab46a014e6e.png

Wayyy up north. I actually still have a couple caches left to find around my hometown. And one bastard puzzle as well.

294c6a06-3820-4831-928f-82ab2e3e0b4f.jpg

It's actually all of those stars that causes me some regret. As soon as it stops snowing (hopefully soon), I have to go out and put hands on each and every one of those to do the mandatory Owner Maintenance.

:ph34r:

Edited by SSO JOAT

Here is my area. As you can see I have plenty of work to do :D

I think I did this the wrong way, but you can just copy and paste this into a new window of your internet browser

file:///C:/Users/Matt/Geocaching%20Screen%20Shot.png

We can only see this if we're on your computer... that "C:" refers to your own C drive, not ours. :) You'll have to upload the picture to a photo-hosting site, or to your geocaching gallery, and link to it that way.

Oh! lol... sorry... If I have the chance I'll see if I can fix it. Thanks.

This is what my area looks like - I suck at puzzles - do you see what I have to work with??? We've found almost 60 so far but too many puzzles around here

Cache_zps6be4ef09.png

That's alot of puzzles!! :blink:

Yet, I'm repeatedly told that such areas do not exist. When she posted that map, I did a PQ of the area and found that it was 40% puzzles, twice that of the world statistics that Groundspeak posted during the 2 millionth cache celebration.

Edited by Don_J

Cache_zps6be4ef09.png

That's alot of puzzles!! :blink:

And some of those smilies are found puzzles. I've been trying to solve those puzzles, even gave some to my retired mom to work her brain out and help me out. It's gonna be a long wait to get those. We're up to 90 found caches so far...Plodding on

This is a fun topic as I never noticed that map feature! We save the ones near home for our streak of over 2 years so haven't found them all yet but like to leave them for the few days we don't travel far away. This is close to our area.

00map3_zps5033efb3.png

This is just one of the other areas we often find ourselves caching about 50 miles from home.

00map2_zps30385fde.png

This is the map we like as when you see the smilies on the map they were not at all found on the same days. Mostly 1 or 2 a day so there is a lot of travel between. This is a close up but you can see we have pretty much filled in the whole bay in strait lines between caches and have gone over 43.771 miles in just strait lines bettween caches and often I drive a hundred miles or so and end up finding on right next to one I found the day before.

00map5_zps7c1e29ea.png

Edited by WarNinjas

Mine looks like this now.

Found%2011-13.png

Still a lot of the world I haven't seen, but I am getting there. Slowly.

I'm really impressed by that cluster in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. That must have been a looong paddle.

Or it could be Hawaii.

I'm curious what Fizzymagic used to create that map. I'd like to see what my world map looks like with large red dots on it.

I'm really impressed by that cluster in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. That must have been a looong paddle.

Or it could be Hawaii.

It is Hawaii, of course. I'm pretty sure briansnat was joking. :rolleyes:

I'm curious what Fizzymagic used to create that map. I'd like to see what my world map looks like with large red dots on it.

I used TOPO 9.0 from Delorme. I think with some effort you could get the GPSVisualizer site to do it using Google Maps.

Or it could be Hawaii.

I knew he was joking. On the other hand, someone *has* paddled to Hawaii from California (Monterey, specifically) . A guy named Ed Gillet did it (solo) in 1987 in a 21 foot kayak. It took him 63 days.

Mine looks like this now.

Found%2011-13.png

Still a lot of the world I haven't seen, but I am getting there. Slowly.

Or it could be Hawaii.

And, after reading about all of your World travels, I'd like to see it as well.

Or it could be Hawaii.

I knew he was joking. On the other hand, someone *has* paddled to Hawaii from California (Monterey, specifically) . A guy named Ed Gillet did it (solo) in 1987 in a 21 foot kayak. It took him 63 days.

OT, but how do you keep 63 days of food and water in a 21 foot kayak?

Or it could be Hawaii.

OT, but how do you keep 63 days of food and water in a 21 foot kayak?

Apparently he didn't. He originally planned to make the crossing in 40 days and eventually ran out of food.