Can't access caches from map

GeoTrekker26

I have encountered the problem in the past but it was transient, zooming in or out would usually fix the issue. In both Firefox and Chrome, the cache information is not available when I hover or click on a cache. I have refreshed both, changed maps between Leaflet and Google, closed and open tabs, and zoomed in and out, all to no avail. I see the maps and the cache icons, but cannot get to the cache. System is XP SP3.

it is working now for the view I had before. The Site state is transferring data and after some minutes more caches show the info when hover over them. But I still dont see an improvement on this additional maps, OSM and OCM was good enough for me.

I will see tomorrow what it does to my mobile connection.

Still slow, still not working correctly. Caches take ages to show up if at all and then are not clickable for even longer. A serious downgrade NOT an upgrade. sad.gif

I don't think that it is anything specific to the map. This morning, (PDT), the entire site has been having periods where it is so slow that it is simply unusable.

Still the same problem since the website update last week.

I am unable to click on any icon.

Besides that, the loading of the icons after moving the map or zooming in or out is very, very, very slow. It takes minutes for the icons to appear.

What is going on?

Is there a solution on his way?

(Safari on Mac, Safari and Chrome on iPad)

Same problem here (UK near London). Maps load very very slowly. Few caches appear. Cannot click on cache details from map. Option in top right to toggle map views has gone missing too. Away from the maps the site is pretty sluggish, almost unusable. When will this be fixed?

Using Mozilla Firefox 20.0.1 and IE 10 both on PC - Geocaching site is equally rubbish on both. Also tried Safari on iPad - got the map toggle there but otherwise same issues

Edited by PeCeH

Same problem here (UK near London). Maps load very very slowly. Few caches appear. Cannot click on cache details from map. Option in top right to toggle map views has gone missing too. Away from the maps the site is pretty sluggish, almost unusable. When will this be fixed?

Using Mozilla Firefox 20.0.1 and IE 10 both on PC - Geocaching site is equally rubbish on both. Also tried Safari on iPad - got the map toggle there but otherwise same issues

Guys, my maps have been working properly since they said they fixed it last week. Have you tried a hard refresh? SHIFT+F5 in Firefox? Perhaps you have some bad javascript from when it was broken. If that doesn't work, close all of your tabs and make sure that the remaining tab is not a Groundspeak page, then clear your file cache/temp Internet files.