500 server error

ToonYogi

I get this error when I log a find... Only started today happened 4 times but it does log it.....

500 - Server Error

We're sorry, your request has resulted in an error.

If you feel that the page you are looking for should be available, please let us know. Otherwise, you may continue to use the site through its navigation, or browse the links below:

The same here. I can't open Account Details. Everything else works fine, only Account Details doesn't work and gives a 500-Server error. Log out and close the site and open and log in again won't fix the problem.

What's wrong?

Edited by shejo

Same with us ..500 Server Error when trying to log into our profile. Yesterday it would not accept any logon credentials at all. I heard back from yesterday's issue this AM..

"Thank you for writing in about this. We have been experiencing technical difficulties with this functionality on our site. You should now be able to login to you geocaching account again.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you."

They are having problems no doubt.

The error is back, seems like I can do anything on the website apart from view my profile either by clicking the ‘your profile’ button or using the drop down ‘your profile’ and the ‘quick view’

Funny, I'm experiencing the exact opposite. I can get everywhere except my quick view profile. Trying to get to that through various methods results in a 500. I'd post the server I'm on, but that information no longer seems to be in the source.

I'm also getting the error trying to get to my profile.

Public profile works fine though.

Hi All, same here. All other functionality OK apart from 500 errros on my account profile (which I've never managed to access since joining). I raised a support request 7 days ago which has not yet been responded to. I've chased the call today.

I know my issue isn't local, as a friend can access their account profile fine on my machine, so this must be a user account issue (in my mind ;))

We believe that we have identified the cause of this issue. In a nutshell, it involves a user's "culture" - the language and region identified on their account - getting set to an unexpected value and causing the private account page to blow up. A fix has been made so that the page properly handles these unexpected values and will roll out with the next site release, currently scheduled for Sept. 17th.

We believe that we have identified the cause of this issue. In a nutshell, it involves a user's "culture" - the language and region identified on their account - getting set to an unexpected value and causing the private account page to blow up. A fix has been made so that the page properly handles these unexpected values and will roll out with the next site release, currently scheduled for Sept. 17th.

Good that you have it tracked down. 500 Server errors can sometime be difficult to fix.

For those that don't know, a 500 Server Error is basically a "catch all" error that is returned to a browser when a request (i.e. clicking on a link to a web page) is made to the server, and "something goes wrong" that isn't handled gracefully. It could be anything from a dropped database connection, running out of memory, or anything that causes the process which handles the request to terminate abnormally. For that reason, if you get a 500 Server Error, the more information that you can provide which tells the developers what you were doing at the time, the easier it will be to track down the problem.

It looks like that is an error caused by the fact that you have your language set to Hungarian and are trying to access a Premium Members Only cache as a basic member. I'll enter a bug for the issue, and you can work around the error by setting your language to English, but note that you will not be able to access a PMO cache listing without upgrading. There are available options for basic members to log PMO caches, however.