Geocaching in GTA 5

DimiFW

After the great collaboration with square enix and tomb raider, in which you could find geocaches, i think GTA5 would be the perfect game to integrate geocaches. As you might know, there has been always stuff to collect in the GTA-series. I don't know how open Rockstar Rockstar would be for a collaboration when Groundspeak would ask them, but I thing it is worth a try ;)

inb4 geocaching going mainstream, to many people will know about geocaching and so on

Oh yay! Then I could drive on the sidewalk mowing down pedestrians, throw Molotov cocktails into crowds, shoot down police helicopters, pick up hookers, AND find Geocaches AT THE SAME TIME?

I'm so down for that challenge.

Because all I could do before was jack an armored car, drive on the sidewalk mowing down pedestrians, throw Molotov cocktails into crowds, shoot down police helicopters, then pick up a hooker and try to get her back to my safe house before I got killed... But I got so good at it that it wasn't much of a challenge. Prolly hafta park the car against a wall to keep the hooker in the car while I find the Geocache. Gonna be trial and error but I'm up for it.... :anibad:

Not sure if the frog would be happy associating their family friendly game with the subject matter contained in GTA. Personally, I enjoy both. I'm just sayin'

Nuh uh. I bet that one is a lead pipe cinch. :laughing:

I really like the iPhone app but the dark side of getting one of those devices is the games.

Clearly I am spending too much time playing Simpson's Tapped Out; here are screenshots of a character who exhibits behavior that might be Geocaching:

A Hail Ants sign:

fd7c82d3-e3d8-4420-b86d-be261d1ff0c6.jpg

The stairs of town hall:

65151070-3eb6-42ec-9e5d-50152f892d0d.jpg

A newspaper box:

1fcec83b-92c9-49d7-8112-945f01e016cb.jpg

A planter box:

0b857969-4e39-477d-a500-9484c92c9344.jpg

A wooden fence:

211048b3-91c8-493d-9fea-4836900688bf.jpg

Drainpipe:

37cf6426-1e1a-4c2a-9b3e-9e00fde5e572.jpg

Bridge railing:

e7152458-9905-42d9-9c82-319e54490e23.jpg

There are hidden caches in Red Dead Redemption. You find them via treasure maps. Then you match landmarks on the map to landmarks in the game to find the cache. The caches are even in little rock piles. It was one of my favorite parts of the game. There were only 10 (I think) but if there had been 1,000, I surely would have found them all!

Oh yay! Then I could drive on the sidewalk mowing down pedestrians, throw Molotov cocktails into crowds, shoot down police helicopters, pick up hookers, AND find Geocaches AT THE SAME TIME?

Since most FTF hounds already do that in real life as part of their efforts to be FTF, I doubt there would be much interest in porting that to a virtual world.

Edited by Ambient_Skater

There are hidden caches in Red Dead Redemption. You find them via treasure maps. Then you match landmarks on the map to landmarks in the game to find the cache. The caches are even in little rock piles. It was one of my favorite parts of the game. There were only 10 (I think) but if there had been 1,000, I surely would have found them all!

I brought it up years ago on this forum about how the old Doom games would taunt you with a percentage of secrets found. I couldn't move on until I had 100% on every level.

I brought it up years ago on this forum about how the old Doom games would taunt you with a percentage of secrets found. I couldn't move on until I had 100% on every level.

yeah that is still big in games. Now theres even more incentive to find all the collectables so that you can get the Platinum Trophy for the game.