How do I get a Pocket Query

acachebox

You have to select a day for it to run. Then when it runs, the date and time it ran will be in boldface on the right side of the list of PQs. Once that happens you should get the email pretty quickly. However, some email servers have had issues with those emails and some clients put them in the spam folder.

So check to be sure it has run (look for the bolded time stamp). If it has, check your spam (or junk mail) folder to see if it is there. Also verify that the PQ is sending it to the email address you think it is supposed to send it to. This has tripped me up more than once (I have too many email addresses).

I have closed the page I created the Query with in my computer so where do I look for this Bold Print. Yes if the e mail comes in that is not necessary but if it doesn't?

It is on the pocket queries page where it lists your PQ's on the right side.

I don't understand the second line. The first step is to verify that the PQ did run. Just clicking on the preview to list the results online doesn't make it run. That only lets you see what the PQ will pull. You have to mark a day for it to run on either at the top of the PQ definition or on you list of PQs.

OK I have received a pocket Query and have located the file. I have no idea nor are there any instruction as to what to do now to get it on my GPS.

When I click on it in the Pocket Queries ready for download it open a Geomate Loader drop down box and that is it. What is next?

What GPS do you have? Garmin or Magellan? I've written an easy to read guide on doing a PQ and transferring it to the GPS from your PC. The guide is a PDF doc so you need Adobe Reader. Please see this page on my resource site. Scroll to the bottom and you'll find the links for Garmin and Magellan.

Hope this helps you.

Chris

Graculus

Volunteer UK Reviewer for geocaching.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

UK Geocaching Wiki

Geocaching.com Help Center

UK Geocaching Information & Resources website

I really appreciate your tutorial on Pocket Queries but I have hit an impasse.

I can follow you to #3 but can not follow this section.

You will need to unzip the file. Go to the .zip file, right click on it and

select Extract all. Windows should be able to do this. If you have problems unzipping it then

there are free programs that can be used to unzip the file such as ZipGenius.

If I right click on the file I get several options to manage the LINK.

I do not see the Documents Library. How do I open it?

I have one of the files with a GPX extension on my desk top. When I left click on it I get a

Geomate Loader drop down box and am stopped there.

Edited by acachebox

When you do the PQ you have an option for it to be 'zipped' up or not. If you choose not to it will just be the two .gpx files which you can directly use. If you chose for it to be zipped (.zip) then you do need to unzip it to get the two .gpx files.

When you 'save' the files from the email or downloaded them from the geocaching.com website you have to put them into a folder. In my example the folder is called, 'Waypoint Downloads' as is one I created to store all the PQ's I do. Please also note my screen shots are for a Windows PC (Windows 7). If you are using Windows XP or 8 they'll be pretty much the same. If you are using a MAC I can't help you :blink:

Chris

Graculus

Volunteer UK Reviewer for geocaching.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

UK Geocaching Wiki

Geocaching.com Help Center

UK Geocaching Information & Resources website