Travel Bug

astinger11

I think I found a 'Travel Bug' in a cache today but it doesn't come up when I logged my find.

It has a code number across the bottom "XXXXXX" and a note that says 'Take Me Or Discover Me'!!!

Can anyone tell me what I should do with it or a place I can enter the above code to find out about it?

Edited by astinger11

Hello! Here is a link to the Trackable FAQ that explains what Travel Bugs are and what to do with them. In the mean time, I suggest removing the the code on your original post. The travel bug's code is a unique number that allows cachers to log the travel bug online and generally shouldn't be shared. Otherwise, check out the Trackables page I just linked and the "How-to" page (linked on the Trackables page) to learn how to move and log the travel bug. :)

Edit: forgot the link. It's there now. :laughing:

Edited by Twitch Hugs Trees

Looking at the OP profile, I think it's easy to see which it is. (only two).

They seem to have 'logged' it now.

However, that seems to be a case of multiple tags with the same number circulating around with the original a CAR tag yet somewhere else altogether.

They are all having fun, but... even the TB page says there are many tags out there and it is a game of TAG to see who keeps the listing as having it... many are simply discovering, some grabbing and others retrieving and placing.

I wonder if the OP took 'his' copy with him or left it there. Others are more clear in their logs.

The current holder (recently seen in hands of) posted a note saying they had two tags..

Got to admit that it or they are logging lots of miles. Like I said, fun if not strictly to code.

Doug 7rxc