Is it possible ?

Over21uk

Is it possible to have 2 premium members share an amount of caches. What we are trying to do is set up a series of caches that we both can see and edit the cache pages. That way, either of us can do maintenance on the caches and the pages.

Thanks.

No. A cache listing belongs to one account. The best you can do is have the non-owner keep the "joint" caches on a bookmark list with notifications. Then at least they will be notified of any issues.

Setup a completely different geocaching account for the series. It doesn't have to be 'premium membership'.

Setup a gmail email account strictly for the new geocaching account. Have the new geocaching account send emails to the gmail account. Both people could have access to the gmail account with login/password information. Or, have the gmail account automatically forward any & all your emails to both 'real' email accounts.

I belong to a shared account (non premium) and a gmail account attached to it strictly for our series. We don't have forwarding setup (there are 105 caches in the series), but we both check the gmail account regularly and delete/maintain as needed.

Okay, I guess I'm not understanding this "open a new account" thing...

A cacher claims that his find was deleted and he has a pic proving he was there.

- Who does Groundspeak notify they were reversing the decision, a fictitious account?

Emails ensue and Groundspeak may be ready for a bannination if the harrasment to the cacher continues.

- Both of you are safe, because it's a bogus account?

A cacher claims that his find was deleted and he has a pic proving he was there.

- Who does Groundspeak notify they were reversing the decision, a fictitious account?

Emails ensue and Groundspeak may be ready for a bannination if the harrasment to the cacher continues.

Trying to figure out what this has to do with the OP. :blink:

The question was can two accounts own an cache. The suggestion that someone open another non-pm account confused things. That's all.

The question was can two accounts own an cache. The suggestion that someone open another non-pm account confused things. That's all.

Can two accounts own a cache? No.

Can two people own a cache and maintain the cache page? Yes, if they both have access to the account that owns the cache.

As far as notifications or other emails from Groundspeak, whoever has access to the email address associated with the account can read the emails.