My quest for enlightenment

yrium

So, if I understand correctly, you saw the cache, but were unable to actually pick up the cache and sign the log, because there was someone in the area who would have seen. I would have logged a "Not Found," but thats my opinion. You were not able to actually get to the cache. Go back, sign the log, then post a "Found."

25021_1200.gif

I personally would not claim this as a "find" since you did not sign the log book. This is my personal definition of counting a find.

On the other hand, I would not list it as a "not found" as you obviouly know exactly where the cache is.

Given the same circumstances, I would list my experience as a note only, and then return when possible to claim my find.

Just my .02 icon_smile.gif

Greg

N 39°54.705'

W 77°33.137'

I personally would not claim this as a "find" since you did not sign the log book. This is my personal definition of counting a find.

On the other hand, I would not list it as a "not found" as you obviouly know exactly where the cache is.

Given the same circumstances, I would list my experience as a note only, and then return when possible to claim my find.

Just my .02 icon_smile.gif

Greg

N 39°54.705'

W 77°33.137'

I went ahead and changed the log to a 'not found'. It has to be either a found or a not found, I reserve notes for additional information - not to avoid a purple frownie face, and I think the best criteria given is if the logbook actually gets signed - because that is not subject to interpetation.

Thanks for the many responses. Especially the "Good, your on the left coast". A little coastal rivalry I guess is a good thing. As far as not understanding the post I think I've developed a lot of themes in my logs that build over time, one of which is the nicknames for my fellow geocachers.

Here is a scorecard ...

Whistlestick - is my beautiful wife

Gromit - is my dog

Superfly - is my 12 year old newphew

Fruitcups - is my wife's sister

Vagabond - a serious cacher that I once imagined having a ponytail

sensei - chinese/japanese for teacher

pebble grasping - recurring them of old KUNG FU tv show where the student kept trying to grab the pebble from his master to show that he was learning.

Leatherface - my slang for a chainsaw user.