Change address validation email is sent from

The A-Team

I know this forum has become a black hole, and it's unlikely this suggestion will even be read, but I noticed something tonight that really should be changed, and probably could be very easily with significant benefits.

Over in another forum, another situation is playing out in which a new cacher hiding a cache for the first time apparently isn't receiving emails from the site, likely due to a spam filter blocking "noreply@geocaching.com". This has left them confused about how long it takes for a cache to be reviewed (which is answered in one of the emails sent on submission) and they've completely missed that a reviewer note has been posted on the cache. If the cache didn't have any problems and was published, the cacher wouldn't be notified of any logs on the cache, potentially leading to unresolved maintenance problems and eventually archival without the owner ever realizing there was a problem. I've seen this very scenario occur on several local caches for this reason.

I recently created a second account for testing purposes, so out of curiosity I checked the address the validation email was being sent from. It's "noreply@Groundspeak.com". This seems to be a huge oversight to me. A new member may set up their email/spam filter to allow emails from that address through to facilitate validation, but that could still leave the "noreply@geocaching.com" emails being filtered out without them knowing.

If the validation emails were sent from "noreply@geocaching.com", the user would have to configure their email/spam filter correctly right from the very start, likely avoiding the countless situations where users don't receive emails from that address. This would save many headaches for cachers and reviewers attempting to communicate with the user, and would ensure the user would be receiving important log notification emails for their hidden caches.

Here's hoping this minor change with major benefits can be implemented.