You Might be a Geocacher

I recently was at a cache which had alot of muggle activity. While waiting for them to clear out, i opened my cell phone and started talking to myself to blend in. After they cleared out i got the cache and signed log. i started thinking of you might be a geocacher lines and wanted to see what others thought.

I recently was at a cache which had alot of muggle activity. While waiting for them to clear out, i opened my cell phone and started talking to myself to blend in. After they cleared out i got the cache and signed log. i started thinking of you might be a geocacher lines and wanted to see what others thought.

You might be a geocacher if your injury stories (told to e.r. staff, friends, family, facebook) all end with, "and of course I found the cache"

edit: dangit, someone already covered the food vs loc-n-loc

So I'll give two more.

You might be a geocacher if you're a bit confused when someone tells you "Watch out you might get your shoes muddy."

You might be a geocacher when you know exactly why you are taking the hotel room pens.

Edited by BlueDeuce

You might be a geocacher if you spend your spare time reading another "You might be a geocacher" thread in the Groundspeak forums.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

You might be a geocacher if you go to sign a non-caching-related guestbook/sign-in sheet and almost write down your caching name.

I've almost done that a few times.

Well let's see. I have looked at GC maps when stopping at gas stations and lunch on roadtrips. Planned work travel to accomodate caches. Signed my geoname on non caching forms-guestbooks, at work, nametags. And have stopped on road trips and thought-I wonder if there's a cache here?

I'll even add to the list.

-You might be a geocacher if; you look at everything and wonder how you can make a cache.

-You look for potential cache locations wherever you drive.

-You buy paint and ask it if will adhere good to such and such (LnL Keyholder etc)

-Before buying an object made of plastic you ask if paint will melt it.

-You want to keep all those pencil stubs.

-You say-don't throw that out! I can use it for a cache.

-Whenever the bombsquad get called out the geocacher that works for the PD goes along as well.

-The bomb squad knows how to get ahold of you.

-The bomb squad/Ireland military vet thinks you are the one who is a bit out of it

-You have pretended to text/and or talk on your GPSr like it's a phone...All the while forgetting about the one in your pocket

-You have a orange vest/jacket with reflective silver, not for safety but to camo yourself

-Someone has said to you-ugh! a geocache.

-You look at known cache locations to see if you can see any cachers

-If the above; you stop to see where the cache you DNF's was hidden

-You have an excuse of what you are doing that's not geocaching like I'm looking for brick bugs, tree spiders etc.

Best of all you make one of these lists, based on your own experiences. And have to stop before you start going on too long. I have done every single one of these.

Edited by T.D.M.22

So I'll give two more.

You might be a geocacher if you're a bit confused when someone tells you "Watch out you might get your shoes muddy."

You might be a geocacher when you know exactly why you are taking the hotel room pens.

No comments, no comments... Dont forget the pad while you are at it. :ph34r:

From my shameful past...

Found it :) 03/24/2013

Just came off the ferry after a week long holiday in Quesnel with the kids. Violet proclaimed that she was starving, even though there were plenty of apples in the cachemobile. She decided that nothing other than pizza would do and she needed it NOW or she would pass out. So, naturally, being the good mother I am, I pulled over to "let the ferry traffic pass". Quite coincidentally (and completely unplanned of course ), I noticed there was a cache only meters from where I had parked. I jumped out with my GPS and heard Violet yell "I hate you" just as I closed the van door. The cache was in hand quickly and I dropped a TB I had picked in Hope. Oddly, the last entry in the logbook was "The Police". Would this be the actual police or is this someone's caching name? TFTH!

You might be a Geocacher if when you find out you will be going out of town for work, before going to Google Maps to get directions, you go to GC.com to scout the local cache scene.

Did I mention I'm going to Hattiesburg MS next week? 😃

You might be a geocacher if, after finding out you're going to be traveling for work, you book your flights that have a layover in a country or state in which you have not yet found a geocache.

You might be a geocacher if, after finding out you're going out of town for work, you decide which hotel you'll stay at based on it's proximity to geocaches.

Guilty on all of these...booked my upcoming trip to Ethiopia so that I have an 11 hour layover in Istanbul, Turkey.

... When you try to convince one of your customers to fly you up on the corporate jet for a visit, because they're located near The Spot. (They turned me down.)

... When you try to convince your boss to send you on a field trip to that customer, because they're located near The Spot. (Boss turned me down.)

Then you didn't do a very good job there did you? :tongue: (Jk)

You look at somebody by the side of the road talking on a cel phone and think "odd, there isn't a cache there!"

You tap on the guard rails as you walk by to dislodge bees

You walk past a fork in the trail and think " there used to be a cache there" then remember you've never been to this state before.

Edited by ras_oscar

- You roam around the country with a 20 lb backpack, full of travel bugs, spare batteries, swag, containers, spare log strips, TotTs and some actual food and water.

- You are sent to a conference and come home with 50+ finds.

- Your heartrate increases in the food container section of the store.

- The only colors of spraypaint in your workshop can best be described as camo for this or camo for that.

- You've gone out in the rain with an umbrella, rain jacket, rain hat and boots, yet still come home wet, as wet as if you'd been swimming.

- At a wedding, baby shower, housewarming, funeral or birtday party, you check to see if there's a cache nearby.

- You're on a cross country road trip, see a 'Entering ______ County' sign and pull over to see if there's a film can or blinky hidden at it.

- You see a TV show or movie which supposedly shows people geocaching and derisively sneer, "That's not how it goes."

- You give directions like so "You know where 'Secret Trailhead Mump's Creek is? OK, you go about a mile past that, where you come to a T intersection, 'T for Two' is a micro hidden on the sign, hang a right and go down the road 'LOL Cache' will be on the left, just before you get there. Yeah, that's the one, silly hide. So it's like the third or forth driveway on the right, big restaurant, wossname, on the tip of me tongue, anyway that's the place you're looking for."

Edited by DragonsWest

So I'll give two more.

New to this ... hotel pens and pads, what a fabulous idea! lol!

So I'll give two more.

New to this ... hotel pens and pads, what a fabulous idea! lol!

Don't put Hotel Soap, Shampoo or Lotion in caches - Towels are OK, though :ph34r:

when you go to tell your non-GC friends what happened to you recently, you find that 70% of the time you first have to explain what geocaching is, then get into the story.

If you were a geocacher, ALL your non-GC friends would already know what geocaching is.

Only after you tell them. Duh!

If they don't already know, you're not that into it, just sayin.

when you go to tell your non-GC friends what happened to you recently, you find that 70% of the time you first have to explain what geocaching is, then get into the story.

If you were a geocacher, ALL your non-GC friends would already know what geocaching is.

Only after you tell them. Duh!

If they don't already know, you're not that into it, just sayin.

Guess I have a lot more friends than you do. I've only been in it about 14 months, but it is going to take years to tell all of my friends.

- You roam around the country with a 20 lb backpack, full of travel bugs, spare batteries, swag, containers, spare log strips, TotTs and some actual food and water.

- You are sent to a conference and come home with 50+ finds.

- Your heartrate increases in the food container section of the store.

- The only colors of spraypaint in your workshop can best be described as camo for this or camo for that.

- You've gone out in the rain with an umbrella, rain jacket, rain hat and boots, yet still come home wet, as wet as if you'd been swimming.

- At a wedding, baby shower, housewarming, funeral or birtday party, you check to see if there's a cache nearby.

- You're on a cross country road trip, see a 'Entering ______ County' sign and pull over to see if there's a film can or blinky hidden at it.

- You see a TV show or movie which supposedly shows people geocaching and derisively sneer, "That's not how it goes."

- You give directions like so "You know where 'Secret Trailhead Mump's Creek is? OK, you go about a mile past that, where you come to a T intersection, 'T for Two' is a micro hidden on the sign, hang a right and go down the road 'LOL Cache' will be on the left, just before you get there. Yeah, that's the one, silly hide. So it's like the third or forth driveway on the right, big restaurant, wossname, on the tip of me tongue, anyway that's the place you're looking for."

Guilty!!! :ph34r:

You might be a geocacher if you you are talking to your children and say, "I was caching the other day and ...", when your kids cut in sarcastically and say, "Oh really?"

You might be a geocacher if you plan your dinner date with you wife around restaurants with caches you haven't yet found.