Geotours and the iPhone app

Mojolake

Is there a way to load a geotour into the iPhone geocache app? I'm interested in one down in Columbus, GA. I haven't figured out the magic trick (if there is one) to do this. There is an option to download the file but I don't use a dedicated GPS device.

thanks in advance.

Since you are a Premium member you can use the Caches Along a Route option, and generate a Pocket Query of the results.

If you're not familiar with either of these options, read here;

http://www.geocaching.com/about/premium.aspx

Once you have generated the PQ, go to Pocket Queries in the app and you can save the results as a Saved list.

Edited by Chief301

Since you are a Premium member you can use the Caches Along a Route option, and generate a Pocket Query of the results.

If you're not familiar with either of these options, read here;

http://www.geocaching.com/about/premium.aspx

Once you have generated the PQ, go to Pocket Queries in the app and you can save the results as a Saved list.

Not sure why I didn't run onto this when I searched a while back. Perhaps because I included a specific GeoTour in my search.

Anyway, My problem also included the part where the file wasn't downloading at all. That has been fixed, but for my own purposes, the "Caches along a route" thing won't work because the GeoTour includes 104 Washington State Parks scattered all over (of course) Washington State. One would have to tediously include create multiple routes, making sure the search area was wide enuff to pick up each desired cache, and there seems to be no way to filter the PQ to include only specific caches (ie, all caches starting with "WaStatePks").

However, a suggestion was made to use a bookmark list (in my case, already created by WSGA) and create a PQ from that, if you area Premium Member.

Just thought I'd pass on that bit of info, which I found helpful.

ok I am still really confused .. we just finished the west bend cache bash and I had help to download it to a pocket query... How can I down load a geo tour into a pocket query so when i go i only pull up the caches on the tour. i HAVE AN I PHONE AND i am a premium member

Which geotour?

https://www.geocaching.com/play/geotours

There's probably public bookmark lists in existence.

Find a public bookmark list and scroll down to the bottom.

Click the link "create a pocket query".

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol