'African Safari' Geocoins

CW88

Here is another of my new designs that will be coming out soon, the 'African Safari' Geocoin.

These measure 2 inches high (shaped), 3mm thick with hard translucent enamels, one glow in the dark version, and a couple of 2 tone versions.

They'll also all be trackable on geocaching.com with their own icon.

Having lived throughout Africa for the majority of my life, I really wanted to make a unique African coin. Africa is also a continent well known for it's wildlife so I made it a slightly functional safari themed coin.

The front features the silhouettes of 6 animals and an Acacia tree against a setting sun (under the translucent enamel), with Landrover tire tracks crossing the lower half of the coin. The back side of the coin (which actually looks quite similar to the shape of Australia) features 7 animals footprints/tracks, and more silhouettes of 2 lions under another Acacia. This side was based on a picture of animal tracks I got in Kruger National Park in South Africa when I was about 10, and have always had in my room since.

Here is a preview of some of the sample coins that I received today.

African%20Coins.jpg

Luckily the sun (or moon) for the glow in the dark version can still be seen on the glow in the dark version.

Larger pictures of all the samples can also be seen on my Facebook Group, but there will be some changes to some of them, and I might not order all the versions. Once I get the final coins I will post all photos of the final versions on here.

I'm hoping to order them within about the next week, and hopefully will have them ready for sale around the middle of May from my webstore. I won't be doing reservations for these but will post more information about when they'll go on sale on here and my Facebook group closer to when I'll have the coins.

I'm also planning on doing a cointest for these, but I'll post more information about that closer to when I'll have the coins too.

Edited by Eartha
storefront link removed by moderator. Direct links only please.

Which versions did you order?

I've ordered these 8 versions, but the pink/silver one is changing to black nickel for the final coins.

Africa%20samples.jpg

Edited by Eartha
Removed non-trackable information. Only trackable sale may be listed here.

Which versions did you order?

I've ordered these 8 versions - but the pink/silver one isn't being made for the final coins. That will change to Black Nickel.

The link to my webstore where they will be sold was removed from my previous post, but I'll try and post the links to the coins once they are available both here and on ym Facebook Group.

Africa%20samples.jpg

Edited by CW88

The coins finally arrived today :D

I'm still going through them but so far they are looking good, so they will go on sale from my webstore this Saturday (June 8th) at 7pm Swiss time (GMT+1).

This link might help if you need to figure out the time difference: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

Isn't it ... GMT+2 hours ... ??

Seems to be according to the time converter you linked ... ??

The coins finally arrived today :D

I'm still going through them but so far they are looking good, so they will go on sale from my webstore this Saturday (June 8th) at 7pm Swiss time (GMT+1).

This link might help if you need to figure out the time difference: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

Isn't it ... GMT+2 hours ... ??

Seems to be according to the time converter you linked ... ??

Maybe with the clocks changing it's +2 hrs - I just know we're 1 hour ahead of the UK. But they will go on sale at 7pm CEST. I'll try to make sure to post a message a little before with hours to go until the sale starts on here and on facebook.

And for the price they will be £12 each, and the LE 2 tone versions £13 each.

Can you give out the mint numbers? Will there be a reminting in same colors or different colors?

There are 40 of each version, apart from the 2 Tone LE versions which were 30.

I have sold a few of these to some geocoin shops in South Africa, so there won't be loads of them in my webstore so they'll probably go quickly, but since they do seem popular I'll try and do a remint soon.

The remint would be some of the same coloured versions, but with some new ones as well.

Am on a road trip across the US and had to pull off at a McDonalds where I had solid cell service. Waited 10 minutes for the sale. Was able to nab a yellow African coin. Was really wanting one of the LEs or a glow version. Didn't see them on sale. Was disappointed. Guessing they're going up on Ebay, or maybe sold out before I could hit refresh. Oh well. One is better than none.

Wow that was the fastest "sold out" i have seen. I had some in my basket but at checkout the yellow one was already sold out :-(

Well at least i have 2 now and looking forward to see them in my hands !

I had three different ones in my basket but when I got to checkout it said not enough stock. I couldn't see which one it was and ended up having to go and drop them one at a time to figure it out. I did end up with one but it wasn't the one that I really wanted. To bad I couldn't see which was sold out and just deleted that one. Oh well One is coming across the pond.

I had three different ones in my basket but when I got to checkout it said not enough stock. I couldn't see which one it was and ended up having to go and drop them one at a time to figure it out. I did end up with one but it wasn't the one that I really wanted. To bad I couldn't see which was sold out and just deleted that one. Oh well One is coming across the pond.

Just curious, what one where you after ?

All of the Africa ones are now sold out from my shop.

I did sell quite a few to some shops in South Africa (which was why there weren't that many of some versions available including quite a few of the LE's) so some might be available from them in a couple of weeks.

But I will also be re-ordering a few of the same coloured versions, along with some new colours and probably a new 2 tone LE (hopefully black/copper)- just to go on sale from my webstore since I didn't have many LE's to offer on my store this time. Just the last couple of remaining LE's from this time will go on ebay. I'm aiming to have the new ones around the beginning of August.

And sorry about the people who got the 'not enough stock' message. It seemed to happen to quite a few people and I can't find a way of making this webstore stop people from adding coins to the basket once there aren't enough in stock (if anyone also uses that freewebstore and has an idea please let me know). It actually oversold quite a few coins but I did save a few in case that happened, so have enough to cover everyones orders that went through. I'll start packing up all the orders tonight and send them out early next week.

Just curious, what one where you after ?

The ones that I wanted for sure were the Viking - Erik since that is one of my son's name. I had those in the basket and added a purple and a blue African. Then I got the out of stock message. I wanted the blue one but ended up with only the purple one. It very well could have been that if I had deleted the purple first I would have gotten the blue because it took me so long in the process but who knows.

And sorry about the people who got the 'not enough stock' message. It seemed to happen to quite a few people and I can't find a way of making this webstore stop people from adding coins to the basket once there aren't enough in stock (if anyone also uses that freewebstore and has an idea please let me know). It actually oversold quite a few coins but I did save a few in case that happened, so have enough to cover everyones orders that went through. I'll start packing up all the orders tonight and send them out early next week.

It happens a lot in other stores too. If they could just give a little time in the basket before you pay that would help like they do with online ticket sales where you have 2-3 minutes to decide. The problem I ran into today was that I had three different coins in my basket and got the out of stock message. It didn't tell me which one was out of stock I could have fixed the problem right there in the basket and paid earlier.

Wow that was the fastest "sold out" i have seen. I had some in my basket but at checkout the yellow one was already sold out :-(

Well at least i have 2 now and looking forward to see them in my hands !

That's how they ALL used to sell out back in the day. Sometimes the feeding frenzy shut down the site so many people were trying to get in and were using F5 all the time. In fact thinking about it those sales went even quicker. Seriously I'm not kidding!! One guy told me he left a movie theater in the middle of a movie so he could go home and get one of whatever coin that was going on sale.