The Viking Geocoins

CW88

Here is one of my new designs, the Viking Geocoin.

These measure 2 inches wide (shaped), 3mm thick with hard enamels and will all be trackable on geocaching.com with their own icon.

I got the idea for these as I'm heading to the Lofoten Islands in Norway soon on a photography trip during the midnight sun, and wanted to have a coin I could take with me to try and drop off there that had a slight Norwegian theme. I've also always liked the geocoins or travel bugs that are little characters or figures that are fun to photograph in different locations, and eventually came up with this design. The front is a vikings head, and the back are 2 vikings on a ship (with the mountains and sky behind based on the Lofoten Islands and the midnight sun).

Right now there will be 6 versions (5 black nickel, 1 shiny silver) - each with a different hair/beard colour and different Viking name.

Gunnar - meaning Warrior

Olaf - meaning Ancestor

Erik - meaning Prince/Ruler

Ulf - meaning Wolf

Magnus - meaning Mighty/Great

Bjorn - meaning Bear

Photos of the samples that I received today can be seen below - larger pictures can also be found on my Facebook Group

Vikings.jpg

I'm hoping to order these within the next week, and hopefully will have them for sale from my webstore around the middle of May. I won't be doing reservations for these, but will post more information here and on my Facebook group about when they'll go on sale closer to when I get the coins.

Hoi CW88

I like the Viking Geocoin

But don't you spell Olaf with a letter v ? like the Norwegian ?

Greetings Olaf (dutch spelling) AKA the Getzie family.

I wasn't completely sure of the spelling as I found a few different versions of it, but thanks for letting me know.

I'll change it to the Norwegian spelling of Olav.

Are all of your new coins going to be available at the same time? I'm thinking that might save a bit on postage.

I've just ordered these and the African Safari coins together - the Yeti coin I'll have to order a bit later.

But I should have these in about 4-5 weeks so they should be on sale around the beginning of June.

There will also be a Glow in the Dark Artist Edition of these - I'll post photos of those once the coins arrive.

The coins finally arrived today :D

I'm still going through them but so far they are looking good, so they will go on sale from my webstore this Saturday (June 8th) at 7pm Swiss time (GMT+1).

This link might help if you need to figure out the time difference: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

Isn't it ... GMT+2 hours ... ??

Seems to be according to the time converter you linked ... ??

Maybe with the clocks changing it's +2 hrs - I just know we're 1 hour ahead of the UK. But they will go on sale at 7pm CEST. I'll try to make sure to post a message a little before with hours to go until the sale starts on here and on facebook.

And for the price they will be £12 each.

just having a little trouble figuring out colors...does one of the coins have a red beard?

ILYK

There are 2 with reddish/orange beards (pictures are in the first post at the top of the page).

The Gunnar version is slightly more red, and the magnus one is more orange.

And if people want to know the minting numbers, there are 45 of each apart from the Artist Editons which are only 30.

just having a little trouble figuring out colors...does one of the coins have a red beard?

ILYK

There are 2 with reddish/orange beards (pictures are in the first post at the top of the page).

The Gunnar version is slightly more red, and the magnus one is more orange.

And if people want to know the minting numbers, there are 45 of each apart from the Artist Editons which are only 30.

hoping to get the Gunnar version then...my beard used to be red...now it's mostly grey with a tinge of red !

ILYK