Turn off email notifications

Cheggerz

Hi all,

Bit of a newbie here, but I've searched through the forum and my online account, but can't find an answer...

Is it possible to turn off the email notifications I get each time someone logs one of my caches?

I have a few caches hidden at the moment, but plan to do more, and am on the site frequently enough to check the logs, so would like to turn off the emails I get each time a log is added, as they build up in my inbox.

Thanks!

Hi all,

Bit of a newbie here, but I've searched through the forum and my online account, but can't find an answer...

Is it possible to turn off the email notifications I get each time someone logs one of my caches?

I have a few caches hidden at the moment, but plan to do more, and am on the site frequently enough to check the logs, so would like to turn off the emails I get each time a log is added, as they build up in my inbox.

Thanks!

No can do. Only way to get rid of the log emails is to set up filters in your email client or archive the caches.

Hi all,

Thanks!

No, you can't turn this off, and you shouldn't be able to do so as a cache owner. (Most cache owners are thrilled to see those emails come in.)

What you can do is to set up filters in your mail service to send those to a separate folder.

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol

You could certainly have the messages sent to a special email account, so they won't 'build up' in your regular inbox.

Personally, I just delete them after viewing unless there is some special content I need/want to save.

No need to save several dozen 'TFTC' logs, eh? :lol:

On the other hand, you need to see all those logs in case there is a problem reported, so you can properly maintain your caches.

You are planning to maintain your caches, are you not?

Thanks for the swift replies guys. I have directed the emails to a folder so i can check them all in one go at the end of the day / week.

I wasnt meaning to complain about the caches being found as i enjoy reading the logs left, just the amount of notifcation popping up on my phone, computer and tablet at the same time was irritating, my own fault really for not having the common sense to divert them.

We will be off finding more caches soon, this weekend most likely,, but we wanted to leave a nice trail around a walk we often go on for our first cache hides.