Does Anyone Know What this is about?

shellbadger

I am preparing some new travel bugs for dispersal. They actually activate OK, and permit image uploads, but the Mission and Description boxes are shaded and won't take entries. I noticed this yesterday (Sunday) and it is still true at this writing (Monday, 7 PM CDT. An email sent yesterday to contact@ got only an automated response that the message was received.

I am preparing some new travel bugs for dispersal. They actually activate OK, and permit image uploads, but the Mission and Description boxes are shaded and won't take entries. I noticed this yesterday (Sunday) and it is still true at this writing (Monday, 7 PM CDT. An email sent yesterday to contact@ got only an automated response that the message was received.

Wow! It doesn't seem to be working for me either. I am using Internet Explorer 10, and experienced the following: (1) entered a new trackable, and the mission and description windows were grayed out, wouldn't take any input; (2) once the trackable was created and I clicked on the Edit This Trackable choice, the windows were still grayed out, would not take input; (3) tried to do the same with one of my existing trackables, and even though the listing showed data for both mission and description, when I clicked on the Edit This Trackable, nothing appeared in the two windows, and no input was possible.

I would be interested to know what finally worked for you. And when I tried the same thing with Chrome instead of IE 10, it worked normally. I'm not a big Chrome user, but maybe Groundspeak has left me no choice.

Edited by Paracelsus

Wow! It doesn't seem to be working for me either. I am using Internet Explorer 10, and experienced the following: (1) entered a new trackable, and the mission and description windows were grayed out, wouldn't take any input; (2) once the trackable was created and I clicked on the Edit This Trackable choice, the windows were still grayed out, would not take input; (3) tried to do the same with one of my existing trackables, and even though the listing showed data for both mission and description, when I clicked on the Edit This Trackable, nothing appeared in the two windows, and no input was possible.

I would be interested to know what finally worked for you. And when I tried the same thing with Chrome instead of IE 10, it worked normally. I'm not a big Chrome user, but maybe Groundspeak has left me no choice.

I didn't do anything, it just started working. I just checked again and the editor is still working.

I taught toxicology to environmental engineers when I was still working. They really weren't into the history of their own discipline much less that of science, but they had to at least memorize Paracelsus and his contributions.

I checked a TB page and the form was grayed out. I can turn that on and off by clicking the "Compatibility Mode" torn page icon:

34pgf3k.jpg

Sorry, I can't explain what the deal is with IE's "Compatibilty Mode" vs. the Geocaching.com website. If it's "on", TBs can be edited. If it's "off", you can view logs and hints on cache pages. But when something's broken around here, click the Compatibility Mode icon, turn it on or off, whichever it currently isn't set to, and see if it helps.

If that fixes this new issue, this info should be sticky at the top of the Forum. It's a magor problem.

Edited by kunarion

Okay, so here's my update. I can get it to work for IE 10 too, by simply turning on Compatibility View. That's funny, because Compatibility mode is meant to be used for websites "...designed for OLDER browsers...", for which Groundspeak said a few years ago they were "phasing oput support." But this indicates that Groundspeak isn't yet supporting or updating their code for the latest version/mods to IE 10, which I am using.

Compatibility mode is meant to be used for websites "...designed for OLDER browsers...", for which Groundspeak said a few years ago they were "phasing oput support." But this indicates that Groundspeak isn't yet supporting or updating their code for the latest version/mods to IE 10, which I am using.

According to http://www.browserreport.com/, with Compatibility Mode turned off, I'm running IE 10. With it on, it says I'm running IE 7. Probably other things changed, too, with the mode. But based on the numerous "Compatibility Mode" topics around here, the problems are not limited to IE 10.

Edited by kunarion

Okay, so here's my update. I can get it to work for IE 10 too, by simply turning on Compatibility View. That's funny, because Compatibility mode is meant to be used for websites "...designed for OLDER browsers...", for which Groundspeak said a few years ago they were "phasing oput support." But this indicates that Groundspeak isn't yet supporting or updating their code for the latest version/mods to IE 10, which I am using.

Fixed it for me too. Thanks for the help.